2008 Chrysler Town & Country seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country:

2008 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Apr 292016

Town & Country

The passenger side outboard shield required replacing. When the shield was being taken off the lower end of the seat belt fell off. This was due to stripped threads on the pad head screw that is used to fasten the belt to the seat frame and also the threads in the seat frame are stripped.

- Ames, IA, USA

Dec 122014

Town & Country

To whom it may my 2008 Chrysler Town and country caught fire last Friday in my garage. When I woke up to bring my kids to school I noticed the back part of the car was burned in the car was filled with smoke. I immediately called the fire department once they got there they noticed the car was cold, that the fire had been started, and put itself out, in the middle of the night. The fire inspector came as well, and determined it was an electrical fire from the rear speaker, where my daughter typical sits. My car is a total loss. Likely we would not hurt, the fire was right about the gas tank! I'm wondering if this is something I could file a case on or if you can direct me to someone who handles cases such as this. As far as I know, according to my insurance company, price I was not going to help me out even though it was a manufacture error. Any information you could provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

- Framingham , MA, USA

Jan 112010

Town & Country 6-cyl

Since I have purchased my 2008 Town & Country I have had the same repetitive problems. Sliding doors not working properly, radio doesn't shut off when key is out of ignition, van turns off while driving, brakes and rotors replaced three times, and most of all car not starting! when the key is in ignition I turn to start and it makes a clicking sound but doesn't turn on. I would have to wait several minutes to half hour continuously trying until car starts. I have video taped each incident for the last 3 years showed to dealership and they still insist nothing is wrong with vehicle. I have alerted Chrysler corporate and filed a complaint July 2014.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Apr 012012

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the rear passenger bench seat belt buckle failed due to repeated folding and unfolding of the seat. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was confirmed that the failure was due to the design of the hide-A-way seats. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the issue. The failure mileage was 50,000 and the current mileage was 75,000.

- Lexington, TN, USA

Aug 042011

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the middle rows passenger seat belt would not latch into its buckle. An authorized dealer was notified and the contact was informed that the failure was not covered by any warranty or recall. The failure and current mileages were 32,000.

- Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Jan 072011

Town & Country 6-cyl

Today my 2008 Town & Country driver seat belt automatic locking retractors stop working. The seat belt do not return to the original position.all the belt is out from the device and do not retract back. The seat belt is inoperative. I buckle up because I don't want be stop by a police, but in case of an accident is nothing to protect me. I visit efird dealer in florence SC but they want to charge $170 for labor and $109 for the part plus tax. I consider this problem with the seat belt retractors is a safety issue that need be address without any cost to the costumer. I appreciate your assistance in this matter. Thanks.

- Florence, SC, USA

Dec 282010

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country. The contact stated that while stopped at a stop sign, another vehicle crashed into the rear of the contact's vehicle. The second row seatbelt was not locked and caused the child in the booster seat to be flipped upside down. There were minor injuries to the child and contact. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who stated that the second row seatbelts did not lock when involved in a crash. The dealer called the manufacturer but neither the dealer nor the contact received any response. The failure mileage was approximately 40,000. Updated 02/10/11 the consumer stated the seat belts would lock when she hit the brakes. Updated 02/22/11

- Cedarburg, WI, USA

Nov 182008

Town & Country

I was sitting in stopped traffic on the highway, when my 2008 Chrysler T&C was rear ended by a vehicle at approx. 75 mph and then I rear ended the vehicle stopped infront of me, airbags did not go off. There were 4 passengers in the vehicle; driver, front passenger, two second row passengers. None of the passengers felt their seat belt lock on impact. The driver's face was forced into the steering wheel twice and was able to pull the seat belt away from chest after impact. No one had any visual bruising or pain where the seat belts laid across the torso. The vehicle was totaled and is currently at a salvage yard being held by my auto insurance company.

- Northville, MI, USA

Nov 212007

Town & Country

On second row swivel and go seat...seatbelt retractor failed, we only had the car 10 days before this happened...we have been having other problems with this seat. Armrest becoming so loose that it falls to the floor, trim problems. The van only had 493 miles.

- Ambler , PA, USA

Jun 052008

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. He stated that the rear passenger side detached from the structure of the vehicle when he attempted to install a child seat. As of June 5, 2008, the dealer had not inspected the vehicle. The failure and current mileages were 300.

- Clinton, MD, USA