2.2

2009 Chrysler Town & Country brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chrysler Town & Country:

2009 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Apr 032014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Town and country. While driving 25 mph, the vehicle stalled and the electronic stability control warning indicator illuminated. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the egr valve needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was then taken to an independent mechanic who confirmed that the egr valve needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired multiple times; however, the failure persisted. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Huntington, IN, USA

Jun 152016

Town & Country

Fuse for this circuit does not blow, the connectors could overheat and module the ABS control

- Carolina, PR, USA

Jan 202016

Town & Country

Clock spring C123F C123B C1219 and C2204. Just reached 80000 miles and eap traction light is on and the brakes start grabbing doing straight down the highway. I have had two other vans that had recalls on clock spring. Wonder if there should be a recall on the 2009 Town and country for clock spring work and steer angle codes.

- Coon Rapids, MN, USA

Nov 272015

Town & Country

Was driving down the road and car right front brake activated the car went immediately into the left lane lucky no car was coming ABS light and esp light came on. Car was too dangerous to drive brake system just activated with out notice at any speed. Took to dealer they said clock spring in steering wheel was defective part number 56046241ag. This is a very dangerous situation needs to be a recall on this part. Looks like it is a frequent problem while researching this problem. At high highway speed could lose control of vehicle.

- Middleburg, FL, USA

May 032015

Town & Country

When exiting my vehicle Sunday, it would not shut off nor would the key come out. I was finally able to turn the engine off but not get the key out. This meant that the acc mode was allowing power to remain on. Because the dealership was closed on Sunday, the power remained on until I could call them Monday morning. I was told to jump the vehicle off and bring it in. When driving to the dealership, I realized the radio no longer was functioning because of the power failure caused by the ignition switch that was not working. They replaced the ignition switch free of charge but will not fix the radio. I am confident it was caused by the failure of the key and the subsequent power drain. All of this was caused by the failure of the ignition switch. I am not a mechanic but a teacher so I may not be using correct terminology. I hope you understand what I am trying to explain. Also, for over a year, I have been corresponding with Chrysler about an issue I have been having with the ignition switch. The same ignition switch that I am speaking of above will (numerous times) become disengaged and shut off. Because of this I never allowed my children to drive it. Chrysler on many occasions told me to "be very careful and take all precautions" because the parts were not available to complete this repair. I know that all of these problems are related.

- Wills Point, TX, USA

Oct 262013

Town & Country 6-cyl

I am driving normally between 25-40 miles per hr, I hit a bump or ice and I completely loose power. Van shuts off. No steering no nothing.I am sure my brake lights do not work either. I get one light on my dash and that is the slippery road light. I have to put in park and restart it. This started a few years back, only happens a few times. This winter it has gotten more frequent. Since Dec. It was 1 X per mo now it's every few weeks. I received a recall notice describing this issue last fall.I called the dealership and they told me the part is not available for the 2009. Last week it happened I could not pull over I was almost rear ended by a semi. I called the dealership in waite park mn and they said they would replace the whole ignition if that was the problem. I brought the van in this morning. They called & said instead, they thought it was the egr & wanted to charge me $500 to replace it. My husband said it may be bad but that would not cause it to completely shut down and he would replace it.. they wanted to charge me for looking at it. We said no. They called back and told me that the erg part was a recall also.after they already said they would charge. I never received notice on that recall I was few miles out of that warranty but they would replace it N/C. & they are going to drive the car around to see if it will power off on them. I have a real issue with Chrysler having a recall out on such a dangerous problem and not having a part available after 6+ months after the recall occurred. They will not take my word for that this is going if the issue does not show it's face while mechanic is driving it they will not do anything about it. I called Chrysler headquarters and they told me if I wanted the whole ignition changed out before the part was ready I would have to pay for it myself. I'm fearful of this problem. Please help!

- Clearwater, MN, USA

Dec 052013

Town & Country 6-cyl

In Dec 2013, was driving to park and ride. Multiple lights were displaying esp and traction. Whatever was going on it effected forward motion and seemed as if the vehicle was controlling itself to go forward while making grinding sounds. It cleared up as I continued to drive. I contacted dealer and parked until I, carefully/slowing drove it into service department. They called me at work and told me it was clkspring--steering angle/clockspring, part # 56046497ad and the costs about $800! I stated was it a powertrain issue and was told no. Now, February 2015, the same issue seems to be occurring. The traction light is flashing, esp light is lite. If I step out of the vehicle and close the doors, they lock on their own (that may be a separate issue, not sure).

- East Cleveland, OH, USA

Dec 122014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The problem started with my radio in my T & C van. The radio stop playing and then the engine light came on. The next morning my battery was died and my car would not start. Aaa jump started my battery and I took van to the dealer. The Chrysler dealer reported problem was the internal failure to totally integrated power module. The power module is a very expensive part. Dec 18, 2014 dealer installed the power module. Same day radio stop playing. Next morning van would not start battery was died. Dec. 19 took van back and dealer and dealer report it was a shortage in the radio and the radio need to be replace. Which is another expensive part. Theses problems are happening in to many of T & C customers. Chrysler should put out a recall for this particulars parts.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA