3.6

2010 Chrysler Town & Country fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Feb 022015

Town & Country 6-cyl

We were driving at about 20-25 mph, and the car stalled in the street and the electronic stability control light came on. We put the vehicle in park, and re-started the van. The van worked fine for about three days and did it again. It has done this a total of 5 times in the last month.

- Buckley, WA, USA

Jul 152014

Town & Country 6-cyl

I want to report a problem with Chrysler Town and country touring 4D passenger extended van with 3.8L engine. Purchased the car from carmax in May 2014 and took it on it's first trip over the 4th of July weekend. I checked the oil before I left and it was full and golden in color as it should be. The trip was from vienna, Virginia to camilla, Georgia and lasted 10 days covering 1800 miles. I started receiving oil maintance warnings on July 11 which is unusal and checked the oil. To my astonishment the engine was almost dry and what little oil I could see was black in color. It took 3 1/2 quarts of oil to bring the van back up to full capacity!! in doing research about this abnormal instance it appears from the number of complaints already filed that Chrysler and yourself have known about this problem of excessive oil usage that leads to engine malfunction for a while. It appears the solutions are value stem seal replacment, PCV value replacement and finally a full engine ring job as last resort. I was a previous owner of a 1993 chrylser Town & Country with 220,000 miles on it and it would burn 1/2 quart in 3000 miles at the most. There needs to be an investigation into the faulty 3.8L Chrysler engine and a recall should be issued immediately to prevent safety issues from needless blown engines with family members aboard. There is no indication of engine leaks or with the exhaust usage. This engine just consumes ridiculous amounts of oil more than the 1 quart per 750 miles Chrysler claims is nomal which in this day and age is ridiculous also.

- Vienna, VA, USA

Feb 212011

Town & Country 6-cyl

I was traveling from pa to palm coast fl and when I was about ten blocks from my destination the car slowed until it was hardly moving and all of the trouble lights lit up on the dashboard. After about fifteen minutes of barely moving it sped up for awhile and then slowed down and the same sequence of events happened. I arrived at my destination and called the local Chrysler dealer and was informed that it would be over a week before they could look at my car. I called my brothers mechanic and drove the car to his shop without any problem. The next day I picked up the car and was informed that the electronic control system which connects the accelerator pedal to the engine via sensors was plugged up with a gooey substance that extended to the engine. He attributed this to the ethanol alcohol which he claimed was a solvent which will dissolve plastic, rubber and certain types of fiber glass and even aluminum. He went on further to say that it probably was caused by a concentration of ethanol in the tanks at the gas stations witch by law has to have 10% but when the tanks are low could be as much as 50%. he remedied the condition by putting a cleaning fluid throughout the whole system and engine. My concern is what if this electronic control had instead of sticking and slowing the car down had stuck when I was doing 70 mph on I95. Remember what happened to the Toyota. It should be noted that a number of small engine manufacturers will not warranty problems caused by the concentration of ethanol. The records show that this has been a continuing problem damaging and even ruing small engines.

- Mansfield, PA, USA

May 162010

Town & Country

Van stalled out on curved road @ approximately 45mph without warning narrowly avoiding a rear end collision by the trailing car. 2 weeks previous to this it stalled out 5 times making left turns and 1 time making right turn. Van was taken to dealership when it just began stalling but they could find nothing wrong. Van was taken back to dealership after the high speed stall and again they could find nothing wrong.

- Shelby Township, MI, USA