2011 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chrysler Town & Country:

2011 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 3 of 17)

Aug 212015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2011 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Chatsworth, GA, USA

Feb 182016

Town & Country

My vehicle has been having trouble starting when stationary. The most frightening thing is what happened to me yesterday. While in motion, my car stalled on a major city highway. I luckily maintained control of the vehicle and made it to the shoulder. The mechanical diagnosis is a bad tipm (totally integrated power control module)

- Saint Augustine, FL, USA

Feb 122016

Town & Country

I was told that I had a failed tipm on my 2011 Chrysler Town and country and Chrysler will not cover the expenses I have occurred due to this

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jul 142015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2011 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving at 15 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. In addition, the contact stated that while the vehicle was parked, it failed to start. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the total integrated power module (tim) needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Feb 102016

Town & Country

While driving my vehicle on the highway at an estimated speed of 60 mph, for no reason at all, various warning/indicator lights started to flash (not all in unison) and the odometer speed indicator (digital numbers) went up & down as the car seemed to be stalling/missing. For a second it seemed to right itself then the engine completely shut down losing all power - electrical (all), power steering, power brakes, etc. And we were forced to coast to a stop in the breakdown lane. After waiting a few minutes I was able to start the car and it seemed that every thing was normal for the last 10 miles or so of my drive.this is the second time it has happened in the past 2-3 years which is a long period but alarming because both times were while driving on the highway. When it does happen you can't safely control the car once it shuts down - limited control at best. After the first time, I took it to the Chrysler dealer in kent oh (klaben) who services my vehicle because of the warranty and I trust them. They had a service technician and a manager both drive the van over the course of a few days (including highway travel) and couldn't duplicate the failure. Diagnosis was a possible computer glitch and since that diagnosis it hasn't happened again until tonight 2/10/16. It may be the computer but I will drive it tomorrow and see if it runs ok. If it does I probably won't take it back in (unless someone knows something) but I wanted to share the issue in the event anyone else has experienced the same problem. A computer glitch (if it is) is not like a reboot on the home computer.this failure both times has happened in light traffic. My fear is that in heavy traffic trying to pull over safely without any power and lights could lead to a major incident/accident. I should have my record of the (no) repair from klaben and they should also have in their data base.

- Seven Hills, OH, USA

Feb 102012

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2011 Chrysler town country. While driving 50 mph, the steering wheel shook and made a humming noise. The failure occurred on numerous occasions. In addition, the blind spot sensor malfunctioned and created a constant beeping noise. Furthermore, the windows opened and closed by themselves. The vehicle started and locked from the inside on its own many times. Lastly, the brake pads melted and were replaced more than once. The vehicle was taken to be diagnosed, but was not repaired. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 58,000.

- Levant, ME, USA

Jan 312015

Town & Country

2011 T&C, 50300 miles, having several ongoing problems with hard starts, hard shifting, power doors not staying open, closes automatically, extremely poor gas mileage.have had into dealer several times for these issues while under warranty and now again having problems and of course vehicle out of warranty. Vehicle has started by its self and have found power doors open when I returned to my vehicle. My current main problem is the ongoing issue of hard starts and now problem has escalated to crank and crank no fire, have to attempt several times (20-30), vehicle then will eventually fire RPM race to 3-4000rpms then stall, again several times of shutting off and attempting to start, eventually it starts sometimes taking 30 minutes to get it running. Also just today while driving vehicle attempted to stall rpms decrease, thankfully it did not stall as I was driving with my children in the vehicle in rush hour traffic. Definitely very concerned as this is a serious safety issue and an inconvenience. What happens when you are driving on the freeway going 70mph and the vehicle stalls, Chrysler definitely needs to do something due to severity of a safety issue

- St. Clair Shores, MI, USA

Feb 012016

Town & Country

I own a 2011 Chrysler Town and country with 97, 000 miles, mostly highway. I take good care of my van but lately have had several issues. The vehicle will randomly not start. I can place the car in neutral sometimes and it will start other times it will not. I have had it towed 2X to the dealership where they state there are no codes and it starts. It has cost me over $1000 in tow, service and garage fees. The vehicle is in the stop position when it will not start.

- Coraopolis, PA, USA

Aug 132013

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2011 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start. The failure occurred mainly during warm weather conditions. The contact had to shift the vehicle in neutral in order for it to start. In addition, the contact stated the system that controlled the blind spot indicator system, crass spot and rear park assist failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the totally inter graded power module (tipm) needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Ypsilanti, MI, USA

Jan 052016

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2011 Chrysler Town and country. While driving approximately 15 mph, the vehicle stalled and restarted after several attempts. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the tipm needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Jan 252016

Town & Country

Car started having trouble starting. Took it to the dealership where they said it was the fuel filter. Come to find out it is a faulty tipm. Was able to get it to crank after numerous tries. Last time it caused a fire under the hood and now nothing. Before the windows would just roll down on their on, lights flash, horn blows, door opens.

- Carlton, GA, USA

Jan 112016

Town & Country

Used power window on driver's side to raise window. The window broke A/C the motor malfunctioned.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Jan 082016

Town & Country

Tipm needs replaced. Vehicle cut off while driving down the road on 8 January 2016. All week the vehicle has not wanted to start and it takes about 3-5 turns each time to turn the vehicle on. While driving, with my infant son in the back seat, the vehicle stopped running and I had to pull over.

- Durham, NC, USA

Dec 182015

Town & Country

Tipm - my check engine light goes on/of. Intermittently. On for 4 days off for 3 weeks. When on, my vehicle hesitates on highway/back roads at speeds 35-55 mph. Light goes off on its own and stays off. Other related issues - driver side seat heater has not worked in 2 yrs, despite changing the fuse. Driver side outside door lock button does not work intermittently, unless I open and close the door then try again. Remote start does not work on occasion, despite changing batteries in the key fob. I had to replace the car battery at 65,000 miles. I am most concerned about the hesitation at normal driving speeds. I am certain that this is related to the a faulty tipm which will eventually damage other parts and component. Chrysler needs to recall this part on all makes and models effected, not just the two SUV's listed in the investigation hich they sell least of. This is a faulty part from the manufacturer and they should respond with concern for their customers' safety.

- Windsor Mill, MD, USA

Sep 142015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2011 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start. In addition, the vehicle would stall however, the electrical functions would remain on and the vehicle was able to be operable when the key was removed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the totally integrated power module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure occurred on numerous occasions. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 48,000.

- Walden, NY, USA

Dec 012015

Town & Country

Randomly closes the powered doors and doesn't stop when obstructed, several trips to the dealer and no issues found. Always when in park and with all 3 methods of opening the door, fod, manually and interior button. Warning lights keep coming off and on (check engine and tire pressure low) but service shop says no issue. Autostart doesn't work much of the time but service center says when check engine light is on it won't. I autostarted my car but it wouldn't let me press the brakes, push the start button, put it in drive to operate the vehicle then it died. I was able to start again but it immediately died again several times. I was tehn locked in and the lights and horn kept flashing, the locks would not unlock. It very frequently does not detect the key and will randomly beep that the key is not detected while driving and will not start at all with the key in hand.

- Des Moines, IA, USA

Oct 292015

Town & Country

July - drove the van down to myrtle beach and the check engine light came on and we lost all power to vehicle. Had it towed to a repair shop and they said we needed a new alternator and battery. Got it fixed to the tune of almost $1,000. Recently (late Oct-current) my wife went out to start it last week and it wouldn't start. Just cranked and cranked, then after several tries, it started up like nothing was wrong. Took it to our mechanic and they said it was something electronic told us they couldn't replicate the problem, which I basically told them that they were crazy because it has done it every morning for the last week. Finally narrowed it down to the tipm, which by the way is on back order for god knows how long, and not only do we have to pay for it, . so... now what? I have no vehicle and have no idea how long it will be. Chrysler is doing nothing to help even though there are hundreds of complaints about this issue- the have recalled the durangos and Cherokee for the same problem but failed to do anything with the Grand Caravan and Town and country... we bought a $25,000 vehicle so we didn't have issues like this... I've always been a Chrysler person myself but am having second thoughts about our next vehicle.

- Chester, VA, USA

Nov 252015

Town & Country

Tipm system faulty! fuel relay switch is bad and should be included in the recent recall. Vehicle won't start and stalls intermittently. Had to take to dealership and the diagnostic confirmed. See photo. Called Chrysler and they refused to replace the part which costs with labor $1100. This is the same issue that they just recalled and they need to provide us with some assistance, I drive my family in this vehicle!!

- Bloomington, IN, USA

Aug 192015

Town & Country

The tipm recall for Jeep and durango should be extended to any vehicle with that specific part, including my vehicle, the 2011 Chrysler Town and country. My tipm is the same part that was recalled in other vehicles, it should be Focus of the recall, not the host vehicles with the most complaints. My vehicle exhibited the exact symptoms as those described in complaints that triggered the recall of the tipms. My Town and country would not start whether cold or hot, home or in a strange parking lot, if it was parked or stalled while driving. It got to the point when my wife was stranded away from home. My local mechanic, narrowed it down to the tipm, however was not equipped to replace and program the new part. The dealership that I took it to dismissed the problem and insisted it was the fuel pump. It was not the fuel pump and after having my own mechanic replace the fuel pump, the tipm defect continued from the moment of the fuel pump repair. I was able to mail the tipm itself to a gauge repair specialist who installed a new fuel pump relay directly to the circuit board for $100. The vehicle started without symptoms as soon as the repaired tipm was installed. A Chrysler service member let me know that the symptom sounded like the fuel pump relay which is soldered to the board, the only Chrysler employee remotely interested in helping me. Made scents to me so I went with an outside solution. The gauge repair specialist had repaired hundreds of this same tipms before they were recalled. I would expect the same recall for all tipms regardless of the vehicle in which they were installed. The fact that the part in my vehicle was backordered do to the recall substantiates the idea that it should be included in the recall. Waiting for correct diagnoses and backordered parts would mean another two months waiting. Photo: Burnt contacts under the fuel pump relay.

- Frankfort, IN, USA

Oct 092015

Town & Country

First the transmission went out at about 60000 miles had that fixed now has problem starting

- Walden, NY, USA