2012 Chrysler Town & Country accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chrysler Town & Country:

2012 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Feb 292016

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler Town and country. While reversing out of the garage, the driver and passenger side blind spot mirrors failed to function. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the blind spot sensor and the harness switch that controlled the corner vent windows needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Marengo, OH, USA

Nov 082015

Town & Country

Vehicle dash power cycled, all alarms came on, gauges stopped working, A/C quit, windows will not work, windshield wipers will not turn off, turn signals quit, cruise quit, power doors will not open, radio/entertainment system failed. "no bus" displayed on evic (dash). This has happened at startup and while driving streets or highway speeds. Pulling battery cables off to reset does not work. Problem just seems to clear up on its own.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Oct 042015

Town & Country

Myself, the driver and my wife were (riding in the passenger seat), with my son 2 year old sitting in his car seat in the middle row. The current outside temperature outside was 70 degrees F. we had just drove through a small residential area going approx. 30 mph. We came to a stop light, while waiting for the light to change there was a loud pop, almost sounded like a fire cracker going off. We instantly turned around to find the rear gate window shatter. At first I thought the vehicle sitting behind me at the light had hit my vehicle, but when I looked he was parked nearly 8 feet away. I talk to the guy and his wife sitting behind me and he said, that it was weird it look as if the window blew out from the inside. The window just explode. Here were the current variables taking place in the car while at stop. 1. the rear defrost was not on 2.the rear side vent windows were both fully open 3. outside temperature was a comfortable 70 degrees F. now as for the after math there's not really much to tell other than the window shattered(completely gone) and glass all over the place including right next to my sons car seat. The focal point of the break seemed to be located at near dead center. Iżve just contacted Chrysler about this and I am going tomorrow to see what they say. When I googled this problem I found a handful of Town and country from 01 to 13 with this problem. But they tell me on the phone this is not a common thing and will need fca dealer to look at it, which is fine my only concern is they fix the issue, because I can replace a window but this does not solve the underling problem. Had there been people in the 3rd row seating what would have happen to them? this vehicle (minivan) was purchased to be used as our family vehicle and now sadly I am worried to drive with my two year old son in it. Hopefully a resolution can be made

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Jun 042015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler Town and country. While driving at any speed, the blind spot sensor failed to function properly. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the two rear sensors needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000.

- Troy, NY, USA

May 062015

Town & Country

All safety features suddenly stopped working. The blind spot monitoring, rear cross path detection, park assist, rear view camera, and compass all stopped. I was told this is from driving the car in the winter! apparently, there are two modules located behind the bumper that have corroded severely. The snow and salt is thrown off the tires directly on these integrated units that are not sealed sufficiently and so the units corrode and fail. This is absolutely a design failure. These critical units that run all safety equipment should not be placed so carelessly and not properly protected. Please see Chrysler recalls and fixes this design failure. Thank you.

- Menasha, WI, USA

Feb 012014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Engine dies right after starting, some times 2 or 3 consecutive times. Some times when engine starts, sounds like it is running on 3 cylinders. Also at times the wipers come by them selves, even when it's not raining!

- Battle Lake, MN, USA

Jan 022015

Town & Country

Blind spot monitoring system illuminates constantly. System has failed and can not detect vehicles in the blind spot. Unable to turn off system unless paying for costly repair. Lights and chimes are distracting to the driver and could result in unnecessary avoidance maneuvers.

- Belvidere, IL, USA

Apr 122013

Town & Country

On April 12 2013 was the first problem that started with the vehicle. While driving the windshield wipers turned on while driving. I was unable to turn them off until I disconnected the battery. I have had several experience with the vehicle turning off while driving going highway speeds. It sometimes won't even start up, just flashes blind spot unavailable. Also the alarm goes off at random times. The sliding passenger doors open and close when vehicle is off and sitting in drive way. Both doors will open half way then suddenly start to close with nothing blocking the door. Power stow and go malfunctions all the time!!!!. the vehicle is putting off a very heavy gasoline smell now when it starts. I feel like this car is possessed. Chrysler will not help me with this situation. They are putting my family in danger everyday!

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 012014

Town & Country 6-cyl

I own a 2012 Chrysler Town & Country. While driving down the road my blind spot indicator lights up both on the mirrors and the dash. It continues to ding, chime and light up while you are driving. The vehicle was taken to the dealership where I was informed that I had to replace the blind spot indicator and that I had to pay to have this replaced. I have 48,500 on my vehicle this vehicle has been well maintained. This is definitely a problem as there was another Chrysler Town & Country at the dealership at the same time mine was for the same issue.

- Coloma, MI, USA

Apr 042014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler Town & Country. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the blind spot indicator failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the contact was informed that the blind spot indicator needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 56,000. Updated 5/27/14

- North Ridgeville, OH, USA

Feb 272014

Town & Country

Automatic headlights turn off when driving. It has happened twice now. If driver doesn't react quickly and turn lights from automatic on to manual on there could be an accident.

- Effingham, IL, USA

Sep 292009

Town & Country 6-cyl

I reserved a 2012 Town and country in August of 2012, ,, ( they said that way the only auto that they had on the lot) from enterprise that had a defect in the rear window, ,, I pick up the car on 9/24/2012 and stop for the night in ga, ,, that night it went down to 30 degrees.. I turn on the rear defroster and the window blow up as we were heading North on I-75. This auto had a recall on it for this problem by the auto company but enterprise is trying to collect, ,,3 to 4 emails a day $312 in top of the ~$500 I all ready paid I believe that enterprise leases unsafe cars to seniors and when they are damage because of the defect enterprise charges them and get money form the auto company on top of what they can force us seniors to pay>>>>

- Ferndale, MI, USA