3.0

2012 Chrysler Town & Country engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chrysler Town & Country:

2012 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Jun 202016

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler Town and country. While driving 70 mph with the cruise control engaged, the vehicle began to accelerate independently without warning. The contact stated that the vehicle accelerated up to 90 mph. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 64,000. Updated 08/02/16

- Farmington, MI, USA

Nov 082015

Town & Country

Vehicle dash power cycled, all alarms came on, gauges stopped working, A/C quit, windows will not work, windshield wipers will not turn off, turn signals quit, cruise quit, power doors will not open, radio/entertainment system failed. "no bus" displayed on evic (dash). This has happened at startup and while driving streets or highway speeds. Pulling battery cables off to reset does not work. Problem just seems to clear up on its own.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Sep 272015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler Town and country. While driving approximately 45 mph, the vehicle independently accelerated to approximately 80 mph without warning. The contact's wife depressed the brake pedal to slow down the vehicle, but it became uncontrollable and would not slow down. The contact reached over and turned off the engine. The vehicle was coasted to the side of the road and restarted after a few minutes; however, the engine rpms immediately increased to 4,000. The contact disconnected the battery and reconnected it after about one minute. The vehicle restarted and the failure did not recur. The failure was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 63,600. Updated 12/01/15

- Lexington, MO, USA

Oct 292014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Upon accelerating from a green light, the rpms jumped as if I pushed the peddle to the floor. As soon as I touch the accelerator this happened so I let go of the peddle and the RPM continued to rise and the car continued to accelerate. I slammed the breaks and for a few moments I was using the breaks to fight the acceleration of the vehicle. After about 20 seconds of this accelerating the problem stopped on its own and I could take over control again. This same thing happened again on November 15th and on this day it occurred multiple times.

- Hampton, GA, USA

Oct 012013

Town & Country 6-cyl

1 week after I bought my van the car started vibrating when the vehicle was stopped (waiting at the light). I went to the dealer to ask them if there was a recall for this problem they first say that there was no problem and then I read that there was a recall for some vehicles having debris on the engines, so they replaced half of the heads in the engine. The vehicle stopped vibrating, but then I notice that when speeding or slowing down the vehicle does not responds to the change in gears or isn?T accelerating like it should. Also while coming to a stop the transmission would not downshift causing the car to lunge forward. It would vibrate when coming to stop.

- Mcallen, TX, USA

Mar 132014

Town & Country

As I was driving down the highway at approximately 70mph, my vehicle lost all power. It was so abrupt that it felt as if I had been rear ended. I had no power steering, and all electrical components of my van shut off. I attempted to steer towards the shoulder, and my van regained power. The dash lights flashed twice and then I had full power. The van then again had all lights shut off and it shut off. This second occurrence was quicker than the first, and the power flashed back on after a few seconds. I exited with the van off the highway and had it towed. The dealership drove the vehicle, but was unable to replicate the problem so they could not repair it. They do not know why it happened or if/when it will happen again, but they are unwilling to purchase the car back from me.

- Olathe, KS, USA

Sep 142013

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler Town & Country. The contact stated that while traveling various speeds, the vehicle erroneously accelerated. The contact also mentioned that the failure recurred several times. The vehicle was not repaired or diagnosed. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 10,000.

- Eastlake, OH, USA