2013 Chrysler Town & Country accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chrysler Town & Country:

2013 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Feb 182016

Town & Country

Front passenger side head reat anti whiplash mechanism deployed while the vehicle was stationary, engine running. I opened a complaint with dealership because they said im responsible for the cost even though service manager states it happens all the time. Opened a complaint with Chrysler financial, but never followed up on the defect because I turned the vehicle in for different make. Now they are trying to stick me with a bill that should be a recall.

- Fair Lawn, NJ, USA

Jan 042015

Town & Country

The vehicle would not start, no lights, no power, unable to unlock/lock with fob. (nothing was left on in vehicle or plugged in). Fully charged battery to 100%, drove next two days with no problems. Bluetooth stopped working and connecting, buttons failed to respond, power seat on driver stopped working, power slide door on passenger stopped working. Battery died again, this time able to get lights, but not start. Chrysler jumped the vehicle, left running to charge. Drove 5 hours straight home and parked, ensured everything was turned off and locked. Next morning, battery dead again, no lights, power but static sound coming out of all speakers in the car. Chrysler towed car. Ran scans /diagnostics, claim to find no problems but cannot identify what caused static to come out or why other electronically equipment failed. Their claim is they used the only authorized battery scanner for Chrysler which triggered no problems with battery or electronics.. still in shop again. 3 dead batteries in one week.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Nov 252014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Headrest split in half and smacked both driver and front passenger in the back of the head with substantial amount of force without warning. A dash warning then came on saying that air bag had deployed. Neither of the front airbags deployed. We had not touched the brakes, not had anyone hit us, nor did we hit anyone/anything. We were just driving at about 50 mph when this happened. Caused severe headache and back spasm to both driver and front passenger. Scary! my husband just took it to the Chrysler dealer but they had no idea of the cause. Since there was no damage/accident they just relocked the airbags. Rather scary to think that this may happen again and may cause an accident the next time. Please check for other suck occurrences and respond by letting me know if there has been a cause found and how this problem may be rectified so that we don't have to be concerned about it happening again.

- Sebring, FL, USA

Jun 262013

Town & Country

We rented the Chrysler Town and country minivan to Transport our family while on vacation. A couple of days into our vacation, I placed my right hand at the top of the captain seat in the middle row on the passenger side of the van. I then used my left hand to trigger the lever on the seat to lean it forward so one of my children could get out of the backseat more easily. The headrest snapped down hitting both my right middle finger and my right ring finger. The post of the head rest bruised my middle finger from the tip of my finger to the middle knuckle. My ring finger was pinched in the slit on the top of the seat where the post on the headrest goes when the seat folds up. When my finger was crushed in the slit on the back of the seat, the pad of my right ring finger was cut in a semi-circular shape and the skin was peeled back from the flesh. The injury on my finger required a trip to urgent care and 4 stitches. It took about one and a half months for the injury to heal. Now, the tip of my finger is scar tissue, with no feeling except underneath the scar tissue where there are still nerves. I am currently unable to use the finger for typing or other activities that require pressure. It seems to me that there is a product defect and a design defect in the seats. There is only one lever on the seat to provide for leaning it forward, backward or folding it completely so it may be stowed. The speed with which the seat folds makes it dangerous. As a result, there should be other levers available for adjusting the seat that do not force it to fold up completely. Additionally, there is a failure to warn of the dangers of the quickly folding seat, either from the manufacturer or the rental car company. There is no visual warning label anywhere in the vehicle, which warns the user to keep their hands and body out of the way of the seat when triggering the lever.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Mar 042013

Town & Country 6-cyl

Driving on interstate when 5 year old granddaughter started to scream. Turned and found that the driver's side second row seat had folded on her as though to "stow & go". was shocked that a) the seat allows itself to fold when occupied B) there is not a safety button on it that engages preventing seat handle from operating and folding. Child had fallen asleep and started to slide off seat. In order to correct herself she pushed on the edge of her seat. The seat appeared to interpret this as a need to "stow & go". Chrysler needs to recall this handle and be forced to replace with a handle with a safety button or replace all the seats with seats that only fold when no weight on them is present.

- Gainesville, GA, USA