2014 Chrysler Town & Country accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler Town & Country:

2014 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Jul 182016

Town & Country

Radio, gauges, turn signals, and ac randomly stop working. Wipers turn on at the same time. Some times for seconds, sometimes for hours. There does not seem to be a trigger as it has happened while driving on the highway, back roads and even stopped in the driveway. No way to reset the car once it is in dead radio/ac/gauges mode, it will only reset itself, again randomly. I tried pulling the battery cable and waiting, then re-attaching to no avail.

- Charlottesville, VA, USA

Jul 052016

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler Town and country. While driving 70 mph, the contact heard an abnormal noise coming from the front driver side dashboard. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the windshield needed to be resealed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact was made aware of NHTSA campaign number: 16V044000 (visibility); however, the VIN was not included. The failure mileage was 46,000.....updated 08/29/16

- Henderson, NV, USA

Mar 042016

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler Town and country. While the contact's wife was driving 35 mph, the headlights and windshield wipers stopped working and the brake pedal was difficult to depress. The contact's wife pulled over and parked the vehicle. The vehicle was diagnosed and repaired by the dealer, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 20,000.

- Roswell, GA, USA

Jan 262016

Town & Country

It appears my electric defogger remained on and blew out my rear window.

- Harlingen, TX, USA

May 162015

Town & Country

Headlights & wipers started coming on at the same time and I had no control over them. The wipers would say on for about 3-5 minutes and headlights would stay on for about 15-20 minutes. Next the radio would freeze up. Then the push button start would not always work the first time, had to repeat it a few times to start. Next alarms would go off in the car, with no symbols on the dash. Then the power 3rd row seat would move forward and revers with my grandson sitting in the seat. Car was unsafe to drive, too many electrical problems going on!

- Trenton, NJ, USA

Sep 042015

Town & Country

I was driving on highway and it was raining. My windshield wipers were on but then started acting funny. They were going off the side of my car, going very slow, only going 1/2 way. They were going so hard that I could feel it in my brakes. My windshield broke and they stopped working. It was raining so hard I couldn't see anything and had to make an emergency stop on the side of the highway. I had the car towed to the dealership and they told me the fuse blew and that the linkage wrapped around something and blew the motor and cracked my windshield. I called the manufacturer but they said that it was out of my warranty period. This is a 2014 that I just purchased brand new last year. I work an hour away so my car does have 42K miles but it shouldn't do this. I have a video of what my window wipers were doing when they were acting funny. This video shows clearly there was no crack in my windshield at that time.

- Riverview, FL, USA

Sep 152014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler Town and country. While driving at various speeds, the front windshield wipers activated without warning. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or diagnosed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000.

- Wallagrass, ME, USA