2014 Chrysler Town & Country fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler Town & Country:

2014 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Aug 192016

Town & Country

Gas was pouring out of the flue line line down over the gas tank onto the freeway while driving emptying out the gas tank. Did not know the extent of the seriousness of the problem until roadside assistance was called. It was then that I was informed that the vehicle had to get clearance that the vehicle was safe to tow. Because of the nature of the problem I realized the vehicle could have caught afire while driving causing body injuries to all that were in the vehicle while driving. Have no pictures at present to upload since the vehicle is in the shop for repairs. Hopefully, I can obtain picture(s) to submit at a later date.

- Clinton, MD, USA

Oct 072014

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving on a local road, about 30 mph, I lost acceleration. All the dashboard lights were still on, but as I pressed the accelerator, it would not go. I quickly pulled over, shut off the van, and restarted it. It was fine after the restart. I called the dealer and they asked if I had a lot of key chains on the key. I had none. They said make sure I am pushing the key all the way in when I start the car. Also, I had plenty of gas. I haven't had a problem since (it is now April, 2015), but my other Town & Country mini van 2008 did the same thing yesterday. We did get a new key fab for it, since the old one was broken. It was the same exact thing that happened. She had half a tank of gas.

- Eureka, MO, USA

May 102014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the vehicle did not reach the advertised number of city and highway miles per gallon. The contact did not indicate specific speeds. The dealer and manufacturer were notified. The failure mileage was 2,500.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Feb 282014

Town & Country

While getting on the highway the gas pedal was pressed to full and exhaust smell or a gas smell was witnessed in the back seat. After several deliberate times of pressing the gas to full every time the same smell was witnessed in the back seats of the vehicle. Vehicle is six months old and is going to be going to the dealer asap.

- East Farmingdale, NY, USA