2015 Chrysler Town & Country fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler Town & Country:

2015 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Sep 272015

Town & Country

This could happen to any vehicle with a fuel tank and a sliding passenger door on the same side. A friend was at the gas pump refueling, the rest of us were still in the van talking. We decided we needed some more information which was in my purse in the very back of the van. With out thinking I opened the sliding door which was on the same side as the fuel door, causing the sliding door to catch the fuel nozzle and knock it out of the vehicle. Luckily the person doing the fueling reacted quickly and there was not a real disaster. So there needs to be some type of lock or sensor that will not let the sliding door open if the fuel tank refueling door is open. We were very lucky, a few splashes of gasoline on us and the side of the van. We were all adults, I can only think of how terribly wrong this could have gone. There are many scenario's to consider and think about. I felt so bad and scared, I do not want another person to go through this!! I cannot believe we were the first that this has happened to, but it needs to be brought to someone's attention!!

- Boyertown, PA, USA