- August 28: Judge Says Chrysler TIPM Class-Action Lawsuit Can Move Forward
- August 22: When Will Chrysler Do Something About Defective TIPMs?
- July 27: Dodge Charger Under Investigation For Alternator Failure
- July 11: Chrysler Recalls 895,000 SUVs After Vanity Lights Catch Fire
- June 30: Chrysler Recalls 696,000 Vehicles for Defective Ignition Switches
2004 Dodge Stratus
Worst 2004 Stratus engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- car stalls while driving25
- clanging noise from the engine8
- oil light flashes when idling6
- timing chain broke4
- jerking while accelerating & braking2
- struggles to accelerate2
- car won't start1
- engine light on-running hot1
- head gasket problem1
- running roughly1
- turns over but won't start1
- uses too much gas1
- valves tap when cold1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling11
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control10
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine5
- NHTSA: Engine2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Stratus Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Stratus compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Stratus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Stratus.