Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2004 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, and engine problems from the NHTSA complaint data — so it's not a model year we can recommend.

2004 Ford Escape body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Escape:

2004 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Oct 202014

I have a cracked wheel housing or at least that is what I think it should be called. The rear passenger wheel splash shield (maybe that is a better name) that goes above the tire and around the rear shock is cracked and now the shock has no support. It sounds like something is bouncing around and threatening to go through the side of my car. To repair it is not all that expensive, however the part is unavailable from Ford and it is on a National back order.

I am a single car owner, and my car is now of no use to me. I live 34 miles from work and now no car. This has been a good car, however renting a car is almost $250 per week. I hope someone at Ford will see this and get my part into production. As I am the second person to complain of this issue in the last 6 months. And in my humble opinion 112,000 miles is a low mileage for this to be happening.

- , New London, OH, USA