2.6

hardy worth mentioning

2010 Ford Escape electrical problems

2010 Ford Escape Owner Comments (Page 2 of 6)

Sep 022013

Escape

Repeated instances of the vehicles either stalling in motion or suddenly surging forward when accelerating from a stop.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Sep 012013

Escape

The vehicle needs a new electronic throttle body error code P2111. The car will lose power, the wrench light will come on, then the engine light will follow. Once the car is powered off, then back on it runs again. A few minutes later the same issue occurs.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Aug 312013

Escape

Driving in the middle lane of a highway going 70 mph, car bucked, wrench light came on, and dropped speed rapidly. Pulled over, car was idling rough, tried to hit the gas and the car just jumped forward slightly 3 times going less than 3 mph. Turned the car off, back on, and didn't want to start but finally did, wrench light went away and the car drove fine. Drove it to the Ford dealership 1.5 miles away and they stated it was the electronic throttle body that failed and needed to be replaced.

- Chelmsford, MA, USA

Aug 282013

Escape

Ford Escape has no power. Idles at less than 1000 rpms occassionally sputters.

- Grove City, OH, USA

Escape

I was stopped at a red light and the car gave a sudden jolt and died. I start it back up just fine, but when I stated going again, it stalled and died again. I got it started, got onto a busy street, made a U- turn and it did again. I was lucky enough to get it started and off the incredibly busy street before there was an accident. I am now having a problem, I cant even drive a quarter mile before it dies again.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Aug 232013

Escape

Driving 70 mph on hyw truck just starts to stall no control of gas pedal cars almost crashed in to me I was lucky I was able to coast out of the way. Trouble code is P2111 needs a new throttle body that is on back order for a Ford national recall and I have to wait days to get, price for part is $380. After a call to Ford customer service they said my car is not recalled but funny how the part number changed and it is the same one they have a recall on and they will not replace the part since my car is out of the 3 years 36,000 mile warranty my truck has 50,000 mile. Ford has lost a long time customer !!! buy american made !!!! thanks Ford ex owner of Expedition, Explorer, thunderbird, Cougar, town car, 2 continentals no more Ford at my house.....!!!!!!!

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Escape

I was driving on highway 680 in stop N go traffic. I put my foot on gas to go, but my car just wouldn't go. I tried to accelerate, but nothing happened. I quickly pulled over in the shoulder on the right side. The car started shaking. I put my car in parking mode and turned off the engine. I restarted it again, and it worked. So, I went into the oncoming traffic to get back on the highway. After about a mile further in stop N go traffic, my car did the same exact thing. It stopped working, and started shaking when I pulled over to the shoulder. I turned off the engine again. I wasn't feeling comfortable with driving my car since same thing happened twice. So, I had to call the tow company and had it towed to my home.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Aug 232013

Escape

Was driving on the expressway at 70-75 mph. Suddenly lost power and car started to vibrate. Was able to pull over without incident but could have been a bad accident as I was in the passing lane. Once I pulled over I notice the wrench light was on which indicates a powertrain problem. The dealer states that it's the electronic throttle body. This vehicle had a similar problem about a year ago. The throttle control module had to be replaced. Fortunately at that time the car was still under warranty. With this incident the car is over warranty by 300 miles.

- Royal Oak, MI, USA

Jul 152013

Driving at 60mph motor shut off no lights no sound, no warning

- Edwards , MO, USA

Aug 142013

Escape

I was driving down the freeway when suddenly, my engine lost power. A wrench light came on, and my throttle was completely unresponsive. Fortunately, I was in the right lane, so I was able to coast safely off the freeway and onto the side of the road. I shut my car off, waited a minute or two, and then restarted my car. Everything seemed fine after that. This happened again, now totaling 6 times, all while I was driving. Went to the mechanic, he called the dealership. He was told that this was a very common problem and that he could put a rush order on it for an additional 15% of the price, and it would still take 2 weeks. Through normal channels, it would wake several months. I need my car to work, and two things bother me the most: A rush order would still take 2 weeks to be delivered, and if it's a common problem, it feels as though Ford is doing nothing to alleviate it, especially since it impairs my ability to drive safely on the road. I am constantly paranoid while driving on the road, and I have no other choice but to continue to drive my car, since it's my only means of transportation.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Aug 182013

Escape

Vehicle stalled upon acceleration from stop, and lost all throttle function. Surges at idle, and intermittently stalls. Throttle failed the next day at highway speed. Same symptoms as the failed throttle body sensor issue that was fixed by October 2009, but my Escape was built in December '09 after the problem was supposedly fixed.

- Boston, MA, USA

Aug 172013

Escape

The vehicle is a 2010 Ford Escape. Driving my 2010 Escape the engine stalled. The speed I was going was about 20 mph. With no prior warning the wrench light came on, the RPM's fluctuated and I could not accelerate the vehicle. The dealer said it could be a number of things but after investor I found in the internet very similar behavior with other Ford Escapes and it said that at the end it was the electronic throttle body needed to be replaced I waited after 3 days with my car at the dealership and called them and told them to check the throttle body. They confirm that it needed to be replace, but I told them and yet I had to pay for diagnostics and the replacement of the throttle at my expense as it was not under warranty. This engine stall issue occurred 08/17/2013 to 08/19/2013 ( 5 times)

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 092013

Escape

When coming to a stop and then trying to accelerate from and idle position the vehicle will loose power. By this I mean the vehicle stays on, lights on dash remain on, motor is still running, but the accelerator pedal has no effect on the vehicle. The vehicle has shutter to it. Pressing the gas pedal has no effect no matter how much you try or how much time passes. You have to coast to the side of the road, turn off the vehicle, and restart the vehicle to get the gas pedal working again. This is a very very dangerous flaw in the vehicle as this has happened to me three times in busy los angeles intersections. I fear it will cause an accident. The Ford dealer wants to charge me $800 to replace the throttle body which has hundreds of thousands of complaints online about this exact issue. They refused to acknowledge this recurring and very prominent flaw in their vehicle and say even the extended warranty I purchased for $2,200 will not cover this particular part. This is very frustrating. Hopefully you guys can bring some justice to the hundreds of thousands of people dealing with this exact issue. Thank you for your time.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Escape

Was driving family back to out cabin in pigeon fodge tn, all of sudden in three lanes of traffic our SUV made a sudden surge and lost forward motion speed dropped and it would not go above 1 grand on tachometer. It would crawl but barley. Traffic behind me started blowing their horns. I hit the emergency lights. And started to getus off the parkway. We made it. The yellow wrench appeared on the dash and the SUV idled very ruff. I turned it off. Waited looked under the dash. Got the family out because it was hot outside. Then did not learn anything from hood up. Started the SUV back up and it ran. Got te family back in the SUV and went back to cabin. Thanks that is all I know. We have to go back home in morning so I hope I can make it 3 hour trip.

- Holden, WV, USA

Aug 142013

Escape

I was driving on the interstate at a speed of 75mph when all of a sudden I lost all power to the drive train and the RPM went down to 900. I was traveling in the left lane on the interstate and had to make my way across all three lanes of traffic with no power.

- Temple, TX, USA

Aug 112013

Escape

As I am driving the vehicle I loose all power and acceleration without warning of any kind. Diagnostic code reads a P 2111 (throttle control system stuck open) this has happened several times and I have been in heavy traffic what it has. Luck I wasnt killed by a semi. As I said it looses power and acceleration and stalls out I have looked around online and there are several complaints out there but no recall for it. Why is this? if there are so many of these vehicles having identical problems that the part to that needs to be replaced is on back order nation wide then there is a manufacturing defect not a part failure do to use. What is up with this

- Claryville, NY, USA

Aug 092013

Escape

Under power, the engine looses power and enters "limp home mode", idling with minimal power.

- Cecil, AL, USA

Aug 062013

Escape

Vehicle has the same throttle body condition as other failed units. Code P2111.

- Coweta, OK, USA

Aug 032013

Escape 4-cyl

Vehicle was traveling on highway when the vehicle shook and started to stall and shut off at 55 mph. The vehicle slowed down and the engine light and wrench light illuminated. Vehicle was shuttering and slowing down with the engine cutting out. I immediately attempted to get off the road in order to not have a rear end accident with any speeding vehicles traveling behind the car. Once car was shut off, vehicle had a clicking noise when turning the car over to start, then restarted to a normal condition. At 45 mph on a city street, 3 days later the same stall and engine cut out occurred.

- Fort Rucker, AL, USA

May 302013

Escape 4-cyl

While driving my 2010 Ford Escape it would occasionally go into a limp mode causing me to pull over on the highway and turn off the car and attempt to restart. There is no telling when it would happen as it was intermittent.

- West Palm Beach , FL, USA