2010 Ford Escape electrical problems

2010 Ford Escape Owner Comments (Page 2 of 7)

Nov 062013

Escape 6-cyl

While traveling at a relatively low traveling speed the vehicle seems to lose power and I can no longer accelerate. The tool light/check engine light will come on and I can coast to a stop. Once I stop the vehicle I turn it off. When I restart the vehicle it hesitates for approx 6 seconds and then turns over/restarts with no further problems. This has occurred four times since 11/6/13.

- Bayside, NY, USA

Nov 042013

Escape 6-cyl

While driving down the road at about 45mph, the car stopped acknowledging that I was pushing the gas pedal. The car steadily slowed down, regardless of how much I pushed on the gas pedal. I ended up veering off into a parking lot and shutting the car off. I waited about 5 minutes and restarted it. It acted normal and I resumed my driving. It has happened about 5 times since then as well. Thankfully I haven't been on the highway and have had a place to pull off the road.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Nov 152013

Escape 4-cyl

At night, while stopped on red traffic light waiting for change to green, the vehicle stalls an shut off. Did not start right over until a while. All dashboard panel lights were on. After 45 minutes tried to start it and it just move very, very slow and did not accelerate until it died again a 100 feet farther. We call road assistance to take us home in a towing truck. At the other day we call the towing truck again to take the SUV to the dealer since it was in warranty, when we start it before leaving it was working fine. The service tech at Ford tell us that probably it is the throttle body since other people has been having the same issue. They test it and they say that nothing is wrong... my warranty is about to expire and I think that they are playing us to take the unit home and when it happen again charge us for the cost of the part... $$$$ very expensive!!! this is a hazardous issue since it can happen while driving it can cause an accident or lost of life.

- San Juan, PR, USA

Nov 052013

Escape

I was driving on the highway with my cruise control on when the cruise control shut off and a wrench light came on. The car stopped excelling and I had to cruise from the fast lane over 2 lanes to the side of the road. Once to the side I turned my car off waited a minute and then turned it back on. It turned on fine and ran fine from then on. I of course called Ford immediately but it was after hours and I left a message. After about an hour of driving it began to shake my foot when I pushed on the accelerator. Prior to this I did feel some slipping or surges every so often when I was accelerating as if it was having trouble shifting. When I brought it to Ford it was decided that my throttle body needed to be replaced. This was done fast and was covered under my extended warranty it was to be fixed for just my deductible of $100. All fine and dandy until I read the reviews that this has been going on for a while and multiple people have been affected.

- Slingerlands, NY, USA

Oct 262013

Escape 6-cyl

While driving the engine stalled, but the lights and radio continued to work. We pulled over and put the car into park and attempted to restart the engine, and it started. However, just a couple of weeks later (this past weekend) it happened again. Both time we were traveling around 20-25 mph on city streets, no warning on indication prior to the stalling, but when it does stall the oil and engine light comes on.

- Washington, DC, USA

Nov 012013

Escape 6-cyl

On highway approx. 5 miles into journey when vehicle suddenly stops with a violent jerk throwing all belongings into the floor. All lights on dash come on vehicle remained on.. pressing gas pedal but does not engage. Slowly idle over to the side of the road. Turned vehicle off and restarted. Let run for 5 minutes and drove 300 ft to suitable pull off. Orange tool light stayed on in left lower corner of dash after a sluggish start. Drove approx. 20 miles to work at night without any further problems. In morning on the way home, vehicle started ok. Let run 5 minutes to warm up. Traveled approx. 3 miles going 35 mph when vehicle suddenly stops again, vehicle remained on. Coasted off road. Turned off vehicle and let set for 5 minutes again. Vehicle sluggishly started with orange engine light staying on the dash. Drove approx. 2 miles at 30 mph when vehicle does the same thing. Coasted into parking lot. Turned off and checked outside vehicle for any leakage problems. None noted. Restarted sluggishly. Traveled approx. 22 miles to home without any other problems. Husband took to dealership. They checked it and knew beforehand what the problem was because of a history of problems with this vehicle. Replaced throttle body assembly mileage at 51814 at a cost of $372.61 parts and labor.

- Borden, IN, USA

Nov 012013

Escape

I was driving into work on a 5 lane, heavy traffic road going about 45 mph when my car suddenly lost all of its engine power. The radio, lights were still working, the car simply wouldn't accelerate and actually slowed down considerably to a point where I was basically stopped on the road. I was able to coast into a turning lane so I was at least out of the main traffic lane. I turned the car off, started it again and as I prepared to make a left turn to get into a parking lot I lost all acceleration again and barely made it out of the intersection. I was able to put the car in neutral and coast it into a parking lot. My car required a tow to a local dealership and the issue was an electronic throttlebody failure. I'm extremely thankful that I didn't make it onto the freeway because if I stopped in that traffic I'm not sure I would have been able to avoid a major accident.

- Cold Spring, KY, USA

Oct 282013

Escape 6-cyl

I filed a complaint yesterday and will continue to as long as this is happening, when I started my car this morning I drove 3 miles and it stopped moving, when I press the gas nothing happened and the wrench light came on, stopped the car turned it off started it drove the car about 20 feet and it did the same. Started the car again made it almost to work 3 miles away and it happened again. Stopped the car turned it off and started it again it continued all day long approximately 15 times all day.

- Herndon, VA, USA

Aug 242013

Escape

While drivin about fifty the car just stopped going, the wrench light came on, I tried to push the fas pedal but nothing would happen it just slowed to a stop. So I put it in park and turned it off waited a few seconds and it started up and I drove off. A couple of days later it happened again at about 35 mph, so I did the same. Thought it was a fluke and/or the weather being the problem so I called Ford dealer and they said it sounds like the throttle body. Well for the past month it happens everyday while im driving 65 or 15 just all of the sudden it stops going and I have to pull off the side of the road put it in park and restart it sometimes it goes a few feet and I have to do it again sometimes it just starts and goes and now the check engine light comes on every third time in a row that it happens stays on for a couple days and then goes out for a couple days and so on, just do the recall we have all been reading about it doesn't take a genius like you people to figure this out........hear let me help you dooooo the recall.

- Herndon, VA, USA

Oct 032013

Escape 4-cyl

I was traveling @ about 40 mph when it sounded & felt like the engine quit. There was a wide shoulder so, I pulled to the side of the road. The engine was still running but running poorly and wouldn't rev up over about 1000 RPM. The check engine light came on along with an orange "wrench" light. I switched the engine off, restarted it, and it ran fine for about 1/2 mile. Then, the same thing happened again, and again, and again. In the next 2 miles the same thing had happened 3 more times. After almost getting rear-ended by a Ram truck the last time it quit, I pulled into a parking lot and called my mechanic who came and towed it to his garage. Almost $400 later, my mechanic had replaced the electronic throttle assembly. He told me the Ford dealer parts person said he knew the part number by heart because they had replaced so many of these parts.

- Selma, NC, USA

Oct 112013

Escape

My family was traveling 75-80 mph along I-95 on the way home Friday night when all of a sudden all the lights flashed on the dash and power gave out. We quickly moved into the emergency lane (we were lucky we were able to get over considering we had an 18 wheeler behind us) and came to a stop. When we put the car in park the dash lights went off and the power came back. We were unable to get the car up to speed therefore we drove the emergency lane until the next exit where we could get on 301 until we got home. I called the dealer where we brought the car the next morning and my car is still there today (Tuesday). I've read how Ford doesn't think this is a safety issue.. but let me tell you, not only myself and husband but having my 1 year old son in the back and driving 75 mph and then with no warning the power gives out it definitely is!

- Jarratt, VA, USA

Oct 092013

Escape 4-cyl

While traveling at approximately 45 mph, vehicle dies, no power and the throttle position sensor comes on.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Aug 202013

Escape 6-cyl

Cruising at 60mph. Without warning, car slows, throttle unresponsive. Engine warning light on. Car did not stall, but would not respond to throttle. Coast to side of road, dodging traffic. Put car in park, restarted and everything was normal. As of Oct 7, 2013 this has occurred five times. Code reader picks up no codes from engine PCM.

- Matlacha Isles, FL, USA

Sep 132013

Escape

This occurred while driving back from work, I bought the vehicle used and it passed inspection from the Ford dealership. I have owned vehicle for almost 5 months when this failure occurred. The symptoms that I experienced were loss of power while accelerating and engine automatically goes into "limp mode" (engine ECU protection protocol so no more damage would be done to the engine) I noticed that the orange wrench light came on in the dashboard, so I took the vehicle to a another Ford dealership and I explained what happened, right of the bat the woman behind the counter said it was a transmission failure (without even looking at the vehicle) so I became suspicious. I took the vehicle to another Ford dealership and I got a hold of the actual mechanic and right away he said it was the throttle body, out of good faith he advise that I can change that part myself without having to pay Ford for them to fix. The estimate for getting it fixed through the dealership was close to $600 +tax, when the part itself cost only around $200 +tax. I bought the part from the dealership and changed it, ever since that fix my vehicle is running even better than before. The man behind the counter that gave me the part mentioned that many people are having this issue and that usually changing the throttle body fixes the issue, he also mentioned that if a recall is to be made to just bring back the defective part and the proof of purchase in order to get my money back. Ford should just stop denying this issue and just admit that the issue was never fully fixed.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 262013

Escape 4-cyl

I was traveling through a busy intersection, as I mashed the gas pedal nothing happened. My car went "limp" as if it had cut off but it was still on. I coasted to the side of the road, just barely avoiding being struck by speeding traffic. I cut my car off and waited 5 minutes then restarted it. I was able drive it a short distance to a mechanic where it again "went limp". after my car was examined, the mechanic determined the problem was the throttle body had malfunctioned.

- Wedowee, AL, USA

Sep 102013

Escape 4WD 6-cyl

I was driving vehicle onto entrance ramp of freeway when the power suddenly cut out and the car coasted. The "wrench" light illuminated on the dashboard. I was able to steer the vehicle to the side of the road. I called a Ford dealer and had the vehicle towed. The throttle body had a fault in the system and was replaced at a cost of nearly $300.

- Lansdale, PA, USA

Sep 182013

Escape

Driving my vehicle home for lunch my vehicle started sputtering and my cruise control kicked off. Vehicle RPM's dropped and accelerator pedal quit working. So I pulled over. I used my dtc device to see what code is popping up and it was P2111. I put car in park, shut it off, waited 30 seconds and started it back up and drove home. Now I'm here typing this up.

- Leesville, LA, USA

Sep 082013

Escape

Car throttle almost stalls to rough idle, sputters but cannot give it gas or rev engine wrench symbol lights up you must turn off car to restart after about 10 times and it happening every mile or so the check engine light is on and stays on even after restarting. This will happen out of nowhere while driving at any speed but idles just enough to pull over to safety ! restart and drive a mike and either just idling or accelerating it just quits going. I called taylor Ford and was told I was out of warranty but need throttle body and approx $450 ! so they too know it's an issue!

- Taylor, MI, USA

Sep 072013

Escape

I was driving at 20 miles an hour when suddenly the tool light came on and my Ford no longer would get gas from the gas pedal. I was suddenly coasting without ability to give gas to the car however the engine was still running. It came to a stop after I was able to get out of high traffic area almost getting hit by other cars. There is no warning it happened suddenly. Shut off car turned back on and was fine. On the 9th of Sept just a couple days later this continued to happen a total of three times almost causing a severe accident--something needs to be done about this as it has been reported too many times as being a electronic throttle body failure and it is a defect. I am having to pay for the repairs at the Ford dealer tomorrow as I had it tested today and hooked up to diagnostics and there was nothing that gave warnings. I was told to take to the dealer it must be electrical problem. Also the RPM's were going crazy when this happened each time. The Agency needs to have it so it is recalled item so this wouldn't be coming directly out of the consumers pocket--it is obviously a defect in the Ford 2010 Escape--I want a refund!!!

- Blair, NE, USA

Sep 032013

Escape

My daughter was driving to school on the hwy to school and car shut down completely which lost all power pulled over and tried to restart and had to wait places to me (father) and then it restarted then she drove on to school then she took car on to dealership and dealership performed search and found that it was a throttle body that was going out.

- Midland, TX, USA