- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
- January 15: Ford Recalls Edge (Again): Gas Leak Could Cause Fire
- January 14: Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Over MyFord Touch Complaints
- January 3: The Worst Cars and Car Problems of 2013
- December 30: Ford Recalls Lincoln MKZ Hybrid For Roll Away Risk
- December 23: The Safest Cars to Drive in 2014
2010 Ford Escape
2 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2010 Ford Escape
Official recall notices have been issued for the 2010 Ford Escape by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions. It's important to note that most recalls won't cost you anything to get fixed, so if your car is affected you should call an authorized Ford service shop immediately!
2010 Ford Escape EQUIPMENT NHTSA Campaign #10E043000
Summary: Marathon is recalling certain seat covers, brand superhides with part numbers 593, 594, 578, 960, 228, 228-09, 267-08, 333, 625, and 630, sold for use as aftermarket equipment for various passenger vehicles. These seat covers are made of heavier thread and are not compatible with seats containing side airbags. The heavier seat cover could interfere with full deployment of the airbag in the event of a crash.
Consequence: An improperly deployed airbag could result in serious injury.
Actions: Marathon will notify owners of record and replace the seat cover free of charge. The safety recall began on September 14, 2010. Owners may contact marathon at 1-800-735-2769. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #10E043000 »
2010 Ford Escape POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION NHTSA Campaign #10V222000
Summary: Ford is recalling certain model year 2010 Fusion, Milan, and Escape vehicles manufactured from February 27, through March 26, 2010. The park rod guide retention pin may not have been properly installed which fails to conform to the requirement of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 114, "theft protection and rollaway prevention".
Consequence: A vehicle parked without an engaged park pawl and without an applied parking brake may have unintended movement which may cause a crash.
Actions: Ford will notify owners and dealers will repair the vehicles free of charge. The safety recall began on May 28, 2010. Owners may contact Ford Motor Company customer relationship center at 1-866-436-7332 and for the hearing impaired call 1-800-232-5952 (tdd). Representatives are available Monday through Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #10V222000 »