CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three time, twice because of the threat of engine fire.

In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.

A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.

8.0

2013 Ford Escape accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Escape:

2013 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Apr 202013

Escape

I started having pain in my neck and face that consisted of muscular pain. This pain continued for 6 months while I was misdiagnosed with sinus infection, TMJ, bulging disc in neck, and spinal stenosis. I had CT scans, MRIs, was told to get braces, and saw 3 dentists, 3 primary care doctors, 1 neurologist, 1 sleep specialist, 1 orthodontist and 1 neurosurgeon. No one could exactly pinpoint what was causing my pain. I did Physical Therapy for 3 months, had bimonthly massages and attended yoga. It would get better when I laid down and slept and I felt best in the morning. But then I would get more and more pain as the day went off. My pain would consist of muscle pain in the neck, shoulders, and pain in my head/face. I would have muscle pain in my face that would be in my nose, teeth, mouth, around my eyes and temples. I started a diary and we started to see that my pain was better when I wasn't driving. So I did an experiment and drove a different car for 1 week, and AMAZINGLY I started feeling better with less pain. I immediately got rid of the car and have now been PAIN-FREE for over a month. This has changed my life and I will NEVER step foot in a FORD again!

- , Dayton, Ohio, USA

Jul 192012

Escape SE 2.5L 4 cyl

Here's how to improve the comfort level of the 2013 Escape seats: make yourself a seat from two simple pieces of plywood, sit on that instead, done! Trust me, plywood is probably softer and more comfortable than the seats this vehicle comes with.

- , Portland, Oregon, USA