- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
- January 15: Ford Recalls Edge (Again): Gas Leak Could Cause Fire
- January 14: Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Over MyFord Touch Complaints
- January 3: The Worst Cars and Car Problems of 2013
- December 30: Ford Recalls Lincoln MKZ Hybrid For Roll Away Risk
- December 23: The Safest Cars to Drive in 2014
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three time, twice because of the threat of engine fire.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 11,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
accessories - interior problem