- September 29: Ford Recalls Focus and Transit Connect Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 1 days ago
- September 26: Jury Rules Ford Escape Airbag Caused Man to Kill Himself news | 4 days ago
- September 22: Ford Shattering Sunroofs Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- September 8: Ford Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles Over Door Latches recalls | 22 days ago
- August 28: Ford Explorer Exhaust Lawsuit Settled by Parties news | 33 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 8,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
accessories - interior problem