- September 22: Ford Shattering Sunroofs Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- September 8: Ford Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles Over Door Latches recalls | 16 days ago
- August 28: Ford Explorer Exhaust Lawsuit Settled by Parties news | 27 days ago
- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 30 days ago
- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 48 days ago
NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems
2013 Ford Escape (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 4 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 20,936 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.