2014 Ford Escape body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Escape:

2014 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Feb 012016

2014 Ford Escape. Consumer writes in regards to safety flaw in vehicle motor push-button off does not automatically go into park as it remains in neutral. The consumer stated he inadvertently turned the motor off, with the gear in neutral. The vehicle then rolled down a slight hill and crashed into a ravine. The vehicle was totaled.

- Williamston, MI, USA

Aug 252014

2014 Ford Escape. Consumer writes in regards to shield and gas tank damages. The consumer ran over a metal strip in the road. The metal strip he ran over, punctured a hole in the shield and gas tank. The dealer replaced the gas tank and shield. The consumer was informed the shield was flimsy.

- Richardson, TX, USA

Dec 212013

I was traveling on the hwy at 70mph and heard what sounded like a shotgun blast. I looked around and heard what ended up being glass falling into my rear seat. My rear panoramic glass had shattered and blown upward in a way I've never seen before and I had no idea what caused it, as there were only clothes and a box in the rear seat. I took it to Ford and made a claim which was denied. I am confident this problem is a manufacturing defect, but Ford says this breakage would only happen upon installation due to using tempered glass. I don't believe that because nothing hit mine and still, it shattered. I also have a leaking roof, which may be related to this problem.

- Pomona Park, FL, USA