2014 Ford Escape wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Escape:

2014 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Jul 252016

Escape

Continental contiprocontact 235/50R18 97H dot: 431pwbk32014 20K on 2 yr old purchase new 2014 Ford Escape titanium. Tire treads have chunks missing all over 2 tires, previously on rear tires now rotated 1000 miles ago to the front. Unsure how long this has been going on since I can't see my treads normally but I happened to have had my steering wheel turned out and noticed this scary defect. Normal use is on city streets, black top. Rarely on a gravel road. I have pictures and I hope I can upload them as I continue on through this form.

- Corbin, KY, USA

Mar 222016

Escape

After being stopped at a red light the front driver tire blew causing the vehicle to veer left, impacting a curb then veering right impacting a guardrail. Vehicle was totaled.

- Brooklet, GA, USA

Jan 292015

Escape 4WD 4-cyl

Brand new tires on a brand new 2015 Ford Escape titanium. The tires on this new car are the Continental contiprocontact. The right rear tire had a flat when my wife was driving it. The flat was on the side of this tire near the rim and there was also air leaking from the edge of where the tire and rim meet. Only 1,600 miles on this car when we had this flat. Do not recall driving over anything that would have caused this. Slash/slit was on the side of the tire near the rim and then also the leak on the edge as I mentioned. I could not enter a 2015 Ford Escape titanium AWD so I had to select a 2014 Ford Escape, but our car is a 2015 Ford Escape titanium AWD.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Sep 252014

Escape 4-cyl

2 tires from same lot on brand new car have been defective in one month's time, causing blowout on freeway at high speed. Thankfully, no injuries were incurred. This happened 100 miles away from nearest services, requiring tow to nearest dealership. Ford Motor Company replaced each defective tire at time of incidents; however, 2 remaining tires will not be covered for replacement until such time as they become defective. I am concerned that the entire lot number is defective and that I may incur the same problem in the future with the remaining 2 tires with possible loss of life as a result.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Aug 022014

Escape 4-cyl

My rear passenger tire has a groove cut around the inside of the tire wall and in about four spots cut right down to the threads. This has caused the tire to go flat. I have photos of the tire.

- Queens Village, NY, USA

Jul 062014

Escape 4-cyl

Have a one month old 2014 Ford Escape with 1,380 miles on it. While driving West on newly paved I-94 in St. Clair county, my tire pressure warning light came on. Ten minutes later my rear passenger tire blew in four spots around the inside of the tire. The Ford dealer told me I ran over something and dismissed it. I've had blowouts and flat tires before but nothing where the inside of the tire fails in four places. Updated 02/11/15

- Grosse Pointe, MI, USA