1997 Ford Expedition drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Expedition:

1997 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

May 012010

Expedition XLT 4.6L

I'll admit, I've put the car through some tough crap. I've had it since I was 17 and it just keeps on going, and now has 150,000 miles on it. BUT at 99,000 the A4WD stopped working, and then at 120,000 the 4WD low stopped working, and now at 150,000 the whole system has just decided to stop working. This left me stranded in a swamp in Montana. It's been a good vehicle, but I might let it roll into a lake...

- , Steamboat Springs, CO, USA