2002 Ford Expedition electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Expedition:

2002 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Aug 062007

Expedition 8-cyl

After parking vehicle in garage, smelled burning rubber and called 911. Was able to roll vehicle out of garage and fire dept put out fire under hood. Vehicle was totaled.

- Pinson, AL, USA

Jun 212006

Expedition 8-cyl

A fuse blew & the windows wouldn't go up. When I replaced it smoke started pouring out from under the hood of my Ford Expedition 2002, eddie bower which was parked in my garage. I took out the fuse & tried to back the Expedition out of the garage but I couldn't take it out of park. I put the fuse back in & flew out of the garage smoke again coming out from under the hood. I took out the fuse & open the hood. The smoke was coming from a senor on the master cylinder. I sprayed the fire extinguisher on it and unplugged it. I put it in the shop & they change the cruise control brake switch. The same part was recalled on my F150 XLT 2000 pick-up. My cruise control & horn won't work now & the shop doesn't know what is wrong to fix but I can put the fuse in & the windows go up & down, & we can drive it. The shop said that when this part goes out it lets a charge feed back to the ground side & can cause fires. It is the same part as was recalled on my pick-up!

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Dec 302005

Expedition 8-cyl

I currently own a 2002 Ford Expedition. A recall was performed (at an authorized Ford dealer) to correct an issue with the cruise control switch possibly overheating and causing a vehicle fire. On December 30th 2005, my Expedition became engulfed in flames while parked. The vehicle was a total loss.

- Hoover, AL, USA