1. have dealer replace it (1 reports)
1995 Ford Explorer AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Ford Explorer:

1995 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Aug 112009

Explorer Limited 4.0L V6

Can someone tell me why Ford would put a $25 part in a place that requires $650 to repair?!

I just paid $1500 to replace the compressor so that I could get cold air and now the blend door (a problem that I have had for 1.5 years) is officially is broken and pumping hot air into the car. This is a MAJOR inconvenience when you live in the AZ desert and it is triple digits outside.

I had to walk away without getting it repaired because I am tapped with the $1500 repair just 3 weeks earlier!! WTH?

Reading on this site I see people have the problem of the air stuck on cold in the winter - how come I can't have stiuck on cold?! I turn on the air, you start to feel it getting just a little cold (with the tell tale clicking noise of the broken blend door) and within 3 min you hear a louder noise (of something closing) and here come the hot air.

I don't want a car payment, but this is seriously having consider it! If I was to pay this money to repair it doesn't guarantee that I won't a totally different repair on the coming up.

I don't mind pouring maintenance money into the car, but I want it to be for things that I USE on the car - like brakes. I have to spend that on any car, but $650 to remove the dash of the car replace a $25 dollar part is absolutely ridiculous!

- , Maricopa, AZ, USA