- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
2008 Ford Explorer
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2008 Explorer Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- interior accessories problems20NHTSA complaints: 12
- transmission problems17NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems7NHTSA complaints: 8
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 5
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 9
- AC / heater problems2
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problemsNHTSA: 7
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.