- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 18 days ago
- June 1: Ford Recalls 1.9 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 24 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls 271,000 F-150 Trucks For Leaking Master Cylinders recalls | 31 days ago
- May 17: Ford Spark Plugs Breaking? Ford Settles Class-Action Lawsuit news | 39 days ago
- May 16: Recalled Axle Repair May Not Meet U.S. Safety Agency's Own Rules news | 40 days ago
2011 Ford Explorer
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
Worst 2011 Explorer Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems43NHTSA complaints: 22
- interior accessories problems27NHTSA complaints: 13
- cooling system problems16
- AC / heater problems13NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problems13NHTSA complaints: 317
- engine problems7NHTSA complaints: 34
- exterior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 18
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems4
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 48
- exhaust system problems1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 36
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 29
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 14
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.