- October 16: MyFord Touch Lawsuit Certified Class-Action in Nine States news | 6 days ago
- October 16: Ford Says Power Steering Lawsuit Shouldn't Be a Class-Action news | 6 days ago
- October 12: Ford Edge and Lincoln Continental Recalled recalls | 10 days ago
- October 4: Feds Investigate Brake Failures in 2015-2016 Ford F-150 Trucks investigations | 18 days ago
- October 4: Ford Throttle Body Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
2011 Ford Explorer
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
Worst 2011 Explorer Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems46NHTSA complaints: 24
- interior accessories problems27NHTSA complaints: 14
- cooling system problems16
- AC / heater problems14NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problems14NHTSA complaints: 320
- engine problems10NHTSA complaints: 42
- transmission problems5
- exterior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 23
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 48
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 37
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 24
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 32
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 17
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.