- May 25: Ford Recalls F-150, Explorer and Super Duty Over Bad Welds recalls | 2 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls Trucks With Aftermarket Door Handle Covers recalls | 2 days ago
- May 22: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Fumes Plague Police news | 5 days ago
- May 16: Ford Antifreeze Leak Recall May Not Be Good Enough news | 11 days ago
- April 23: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Lawsuit Dismissed by Judge news | 34 days ago
2011 Ford Explorer
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
Worst 2011 Explorer Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems49NHTSA complaints: 24
- interior accessories problems27NHTSA complaints: 14
- steering problems19NHTSA complaints: 329
- cooling system problems16
- AC / heater problems14NHTSA complaints: 2
- engine problems10NHTSA complaints: 44
- transmission problems6
- exterior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 26
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 39
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 51
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 30
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 35
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 18
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.