- July 27: NHTSA Ford Explorer Exhaust Manifold Investigation Upgraded investigations | 1 days ago
- July 26: Austin, Texas: 60 Carbon Monoxide Detectors Activate in Ford Police SUVs news | 2 days ago
- July 26: Ford Recalls 117,000 F-150, E-Series, Escape and Lincoln MKC Vehicles recalls | 2 days ago
- July 23: Ford Transit Driveshaft Flexible Coupling Lawsuit Filed news | 5 days ago
- July 20: Ford Expands Chrome Door Handle Cover Recall recalls | 8 days ago
2001 Ford Explorer
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.
Worst 2001 Explorer Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems35NHTSA complaints: 25
- exterior accessories problems17NHTSA complaints: 10
- engine problems14NHTSA complaints: 73
- body / paint problems11NHTSA complaints: 30
- drivetrain problems7NHTSA complaints: 18
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 29
- suspension problems5NHTSA complaints: 43
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 11
- lights problems4NHTSA complaints: 11
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 26
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 37
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 77
- AC / heater problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 38
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- steering problemsNHTSA: 21
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 4
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.