- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
2001 Ford Explorer
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2001 Explorer Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- transmission problems34NHTSA complaints: 25
- exterior accessories problems17NHTSA complaints: 8
- body / paint problems11NHTSA complaints: 24
- engine problems10NHTSA complaints: 70
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 26
- drivetrain problems6NHTSA complaints: 12
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 11
- lights problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 39
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 22
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 36
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 76
- AC / heater problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 35
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- steering problemsNHTSA: 19
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 4
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 4
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.