- August 19: Ford Focus EVAP Purge Valve Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 4 days ago
- August 13: Ford Faces Exhaust Odor and Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- August 10: Three Police Officers Sue Ford Over Carbon Monoxide Exposure news | 13 days ago
- August 2: Lawsuit Says Ford Lifted Trucks Have Wrong Jacks and Spare Tires news | 21 days ago
- August 1: 'Built Ford Tough' is Mere 'Puffery,' Says Federal Judge news | 22 days ago
2001 Ford Explorer
accessories - exterior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.
Worst 2001 Explorer accessories - exterior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- door locks not working properly9
- door handles broke6
- driver door latch sticking and failed2
- NHTSA: Visibility: Defroster/Defogger System3
- NHTSA: Visibility/Wiper2
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages: Doors: Latch1
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages: Hood: Latch1
- NHTSA: Visibility: Defroster/Defogger System: Windshield: ...1
- NHTSA: Visibility: Rear Window Wiper/Washer: Motor1
- NHTSA: Visibility: Sun Roof Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.