- June 19: Ford Wins Lincoln Town Car Airbag Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- June 3: Ford PowerShift Transmission Lawsuit Includes Fiesta and Focus news | 23 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 29 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls F-150, Explorer and Super Duty Over Bad Welds recalls | 32 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls Trucks With Aftermarket Door Handle Covers recalls | 32 days ago
2001 Ford Explorer
accessories - exterior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.
Worst 2001 Explorer accessories - exterior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- door locks not working properly9
- door handles broke6
- driver door latch sticking and failed2
- NHTSA: Visibility: Defroster/Defogger System3
- NHTSA: Visibility/Wiper2
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages: Doors: Latch1
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages: Hood: Latch1
- NHTSA: Visibility: Defroster/Defogger System: Windshield: ...1
- NHTSA: Visibility: Rear Window Wiper/Washer: Motor1
- NHTSA: Visibility: Sun Roof Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.