1997 Ford Explorer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Explorer:

1997 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Sep 072009

Explorer XLT 4.0L V6

First, I want to say that this has been a GREAT truck and I plan to keep it for many more years (and miles) to come. The other day, the seat recline lever for the driver's side front seat broke. It is in the upright position and I have powered seats, so this only affects the seat recline and nothing else. I will most likely fix it myself, but I am in no hurry to do so. Other than this, my Explorer has been an awesome vehicle, much better than any Chevy I have ever owned and just as good as my Honda and Mazda. When the time comes, I will be replacing this Explorer with another Explorer.

- , Appomattox, VA, USA