- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
- March 23: Ford Focus and Fusion Power Steering Lawsuit Dismissed
- March 18: Ford Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit Filed in Louisiana
- March 12: Massive Car Hacking Lawsuit Filed Against Ford, GM and Toyota
1997 Ford Explorer
Worst 1997 Explorer drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- "errrrr" sound when letting off gas2
- rear differential noise2
- knocking and scraping noise from front end1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft12
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)12
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly4
- NHTSA: Power Train3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft: Seal2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Constant Velocity Joint2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.