- May 25: Ford Recalls 271,000 F-150 Trucks For Leaking Master Cylinders recalls | 4 days ago
- May 17: Ford Spark Plugs Breaking? Ford Settles Class-Action Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- May 16: Recalled Axle Repair May Not Meet U.S. Safety Agency's Own Rules news | 13 days ago
- May 3: No Recall For Ford F-150 Brake Pedal Problems investigations | 26 days ago
- April 27: Ford Recalls 285,000 Cars and SUVs in 5 Recalls recalls | 32 days ago
1997 Ford Explorer
Worst 1997 Explorer drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- "errrrr" sound when letting off gas2
- rear differential noise2
- knocking and scraping noise from front end1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft12
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)12
- NHTSA: Power Train8
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly5
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft: Seal2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Constant Velocity Joint2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.