- April 23: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Lawsuit Dismissed by Judge news | 1 days ago
- April 5: Ford Door Sensor Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- April 1: Ford Recalls F-250 Trucks Over Rollaway Dangers recalls | 23 days ago
- March 30: Ford Recalls Escape, Fiesta ST, Fusion and Transit Connect After 29 Fires recalls | 25 days ago
- March 30: Ford Door Latch Recall For Fiesta, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ recalls | 25 days ago
1997 Ford Explorer
Worst 1997 Explorer drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- "errrrr" sound when letting off gas2
- rear differential noise2
- knocking and scraping noise from front end1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft12
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)12
- NHTSA: Power Train8
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly5
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft: Seal2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Constant Velocity Joint2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.