1997 Ford Explorer miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Explorer:

1997 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Mar 312013

Explorer XLT 4.0L V6

On 3-31-13 after unloading food out of the back area, I started to close the hatch door and the part that holds the top part of the lift shock broke off from the frame of the hatch from being rusty and the hatch fell down on me. I couldn't move until my wife came out side 15mins later I was sore and hurt for a week had to go to the Emergency Clinic and was given medicine.

Update from Jun 11, 2013: hatch lift broke on drivers side at the top of hatch