- April 5: Ford Door Sensor Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- April 1: Ford Recalls F-250 Trucks Over Rollaway Dangers recalls | 22 days ago
- March 30: Ford Recalls Escape, Fiesta ST, Fusion and Transit Connect After 29 Fires recalls | 24 days ago
- March 30: Ford Door Latch Recall For Fiesta, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ recalls | 24 days ago
- March 29: Ford Recalls F-450 and F-550 Trucks to Replace Driveshafts recalls | 25 days ago
1997 Ford Explorer
wheels / hubs Problems
Worst 1997 Explorer wheels / hubs Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- grinding noise from wheels1
- NHTSA: Tires: Tread/Belt396
- NHTSA: Tires332
- NHTSA: Tires: Sidewall25
- NHTSA: Tires: Temporary/Emergency Spare Tire9
- NHTSA: Wheels7
- NHTSA: Wheels: Lugs/Nuts/Bolts3
- NHTSA: Wheels: Center Section2
- NHTSA: Tires: Pressure Monitoring And Regulating Systems1
- NHTSA: Tires: Valve1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.