- July 20: Ford Expands Chrome Door Handle Cover Recall recalls | 2 days ago
- July 16: Ford Recalls Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Over Torque Converters recalls | 6 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls Escape and Police Interceptors recalls | 23 days ago
- June 28: Ford Recalls 402,000 Transit Vans For Driveshaft Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- June 19: Ford Wins Lincoln Town Car Airbag Lawsuit news | 33 days ago
1997 Ford Explorer
wheels / hubs Problems
Worst 1997 Explorer wheels / hubs Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- grinding noise from wheels1
- NHTSA: Tires: Tread/Belt396
- NHTSA: Tires332
- NHTSA: Tires: Sidewall25
- NHTSA: Tires: Temporary/Emergency Spare Tire9
- NHTSA: Wheels7
- NHTSA: Wheels: Lugs/Nuts/Bolts3
- NHTSA: Wheels: Center Section2
- NHTSA: Tires: Pressure Monitoring And Regulating Systems1
- NHTSA: Tires: Valve1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.