- February 11: Ford Wins $3 Million Ford Ranger Lawsuit on Appeal news | 8 days ago
- February 1: Ford Sudden Deceleration Lawsuit Aims At Throttle Body System news | 18 days ago
- January 26: Ford Recalls F-150, Focus and C-MAX recalls | 24 days ago
- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 37 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 49 days ago
1997 Ford Explorer
wheels / hubs Problems
Worst 1997 Explorer wheels / hubs Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- grinding noise from wheels1
- NHTSA: Tires: Tread/Belt396
- NHTSA: Tires332
- NHTSA: Tires: Sidewall25
- NHTSA: Tires: Temporary/Emergency Spare Tire9
- NHTSA: Wheels7
- NHTSA: Wheels: Lugs/Nuts/Bolts3
- NHTSA: Wheels: Center Section2
- NHTSA: Tires: Pressure Monitoring And Regulating Systems1
- NHTSA: Tires: Valve1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.