1998 Ford Explorer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Explorer:

1998 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Oct 052008

Explorer 4.0L V6

If I had to make a guess, I would probably say I am having the same problem with my passenger door lock as so many others are having with the driver's door lock. The difference I guess is that all passengers have to climb in over the steering wheel. Every time I am the passenger, I seem to blow the horn with my buttocks. That scares the crap out of me. I know this is a huge 'if', but 'if' Ford issues a recall on the door locks, I hope they include both doors. That's the only way I'll be able to get this repaired.

I totally understand everyone's embarrassment over climbing in and out of their cars. I can only imagine what I must look like from the outside with arms, legs and butt all up in the air. That's another good reason to blow the horn -- to make sure I draw attention to myself. One other person was saying they might part their Explorer out. I have to ask, do you have a good locking mechanism that you want to part out at a spectacular deal?

- , Woodstock, GA, USA