8.0

1998 Ford Explorer miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Explorer:

1998 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jun 022007

Explorer 4.0L V6

every summer I have this same problem with this car. It makes a very loud sound from under my hood. I have notice the noise is coming from where my air filter goes. I have made sure the oil has been changed and a new oil filter as well as a new air filter. Still when the car get hot it makes this loud horn noise. I can tell the noise has something to do with the air control system which flows thru my air filter.I am now checking my mass air flow sensor. My air works great and gets really cold so no problem here. With all of this said no one seems to know what the problem is and it has been a pain in the ass.

- , cedar hill, tx, USA

May 052002

Explorer Sport

When idling or running the a/c a really loud humming comes from under the hood. It has done this since I have had it. Don't know what it is but it is very annoying to say the least. Doesn't seem to be anything major because it runs great. Just noisy!!

- , Birmingham, AL, USA