1999 Ford Explorer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Explorer:

1999 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Feb 102010

Explorer XLT AWD 5.0L V8

The door ajar light stays on constantly and NEVER goes off. It was like this when I bought it and its not a big deal but I hate looking at my dash and seeing the red light bc it makes me think something is wrong until I realize its the door ajar light and not something else. I have tried closing all the doors and it didn't help and I also sprayed WD40 on all the closing mechanisms to maybe unstick them but it still stays on. I don't have a problem with the door buzzer though.

- , Sedalia, MO, USA

Mar 232008

Explorer Limited V8

It started with compass and stereo lights then went to check engine light staying on and eventually burned out over drive light blinking my girl asked me to unhook battery to see if it would reset overdrive light sounded good to me so i did overdrive light went out now all doors are secured but door ajar, runner, and all interior lights stay on because this damn thing thinks there's a door open and at one hundred and thirty dollars apiece I 'm not gonna replace each one to find out which one it was. help me please pretty please any quick fixes any thing? thank you if you can help. if you can't thanks for hearing me rant.

- , Covington, KY, USA