4.0

1999 Ford Explorer engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Explorer:

1999 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Dec 162006

Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0 SOHC

I have noted this problem can happens several times in a day and after driving for a while, maybe 20, 30 miles. The truck hesitates in starting. I have to try twice to get it running. I have checked the Haynes manual and saw it can be the fuel pump, the air filter or a clogged fuel line. I am planning in buying a new gas pump and install it myself. This truck is experiencing a lot of failures I will try to report.

- , Reynosa, Mexico, Mexico