- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
1999 Ford Explorer
Worst 1999 Explorer steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- clunking when taking a slow tight turns1
- steering wheel vibration1
- NHTSA: Steering13
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion5
- NHTSA: Steering: Wheel And Handle Bar5
- NHTSA: Steering: Column3
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist System3
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist: Power Steering ...2
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages2
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages: Knuckle: Spindle: Arm2
- NHTSA: Steering: Column Locking: Anti-Theft Device1
- NHTSA: Steering: Gear Box (Other Than Rack And Pinion)1
- NHTSA: Steering: Gear Box: Shaft Sector1
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages: Tie Rod Assembly1
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion: Pinion Shaft1
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion: Rack1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.