- March 22: Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Says Cars Overheat news | 1 days ago
- March 20: Ford Explorer Police Vehicles Get Carbon Monoxide Detectors news | 3 days ago
- March 15: Ford Recalls 2017 Mustangs to Repair Door Handles recalls | 8 days ago
- March 5: Ford Dual-Clutch Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Texas news | 18 days ago
- March 3: Ford Recalls Edge, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln Continental recalls | 20 days ago
Blend Door Broken
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Explorer is hands-down our worst vehicle on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Another common problem for the 2002-2003 Explorer is wheel bearing failure at around 90k miles, with a typical repair bill of $500 to $1000 depending on how many wheel bearings failed.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 115,580 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 13 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- take apart dashboard and replace blend door actuator (10 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)
- remove glovebox, manually reach in and open blend door (1 reports)
- removed fresh air door (1 reports)
AC / heater problem