6.0

1. replace blower motor resistor (2 reports)
  3. replace resistor (1 reports)
  4. replaced the motor assembly (1 reports)
2002 Ford Explorer AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

2002 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jul 242002

Explorer 4.0L V6

The blower for the AC/heater would not work at all. They replaced the motor assembly.

- , Mechanicsburg, PA, USA

Mar 012012

Explorer 4.0L V6

click to see larger images

blower not working on all settings blower not working on all settings

Its either 1 of two resistors and you can test your wires to find out. Both resistors cost the same and do the same job. One is the actual switch that you turn when your change the blower fan speed. Just pop out the bezel remove the nob pinch and pull to remove this. The other resistor is the flat one and it is behind the glove compartment and left of the blower motor. It has 2 8mm hex bolts that are diagonal from each other. You will have to unplug it and move the wire aside. There will be another cluster of wires in your way for the top bolt they have a body pin/clip that you can just pull them out and away and when you are done replacing your resistor push back in.

- , Gainesville, TX, USA

Aug 292007

Explorer

I am sick to death of the repair cost on this vehicle! I have put entirely too much money into this thing for me to do anymore!!

- , Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jul 072009

Explorer XLS 6 cyl

Since the blower only works on low and high it is very difficult to get comfortable with the air conditioner is on. The blower is too noisy to use on high and too hot down here in Florida to use it on low

- , Hypoluxo, FL, USA

Oct 222008

Explorer LXT V6

I got in the car one day the windows were foggy, I turned the blower on and found it would only work in high. Sometimes it made an awful screeching sound. The blower motor resistor had to be replaced. Let see so far I've submitted complaints for the transmission, a/c condenser, passenger window motor, the crack below the rear window, the blower and I still have to put in about the rear window lifts falling off, the right rear spring and the universal joint or whatever it's called. I'm sick of writing. Ford should go under, they don't know how to build vehicles anymore. Oh yeah and my brake light switch went. Hmm, I wonder what other problems I will have? probably some that haven't even been heard of yet the way this vehicle is going!

- , West Nyack, NY, USA