- February 11: Ford Wins $3 Million Ford Ranger Lawsuit on Appeal news | 8 days ago
- February 1: Ford Sudden Deceleration Lawsuit Aims At Throttle Body System news | 18 days ago
- January 26: Ford Recalls F-150, Focus and C-MAX recalls | 24 days ago
- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 37 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 49 days ago
Keyless Pad Entry Stopped Working
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Explorer is hands-down our worst vehicle on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Another common problem for the 2002-2003 Explorer is wheel bearing failure at around 90k miles, with a typical repair bill of $500 to $1000 depending on how many wheel bearings failed.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 81,263 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 10 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (8 reports)
- new wiring in the door (1 reports)
- replace faulty module (1 reports)
accessories - exterior problem