- March 3: Ford Fiesta Door Latch Investigation Expanded
- February 24: Ford Recalls F-250 and F-350 Trucks With Replacement Steering Gears
- February 8: Ford Explorer Leaking Brake Hose Investigation Closed
- February 3: Ford Lawsuit Alleges Engine Problems in 2004-2008 Models
- February 1: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles To Repair Door Handles and Seat Belts
Interior Lights Do Not Come On When Door Opened
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Explorer is hands-down our worst vehicle on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Another common problem for the 2002-2003 Explorer is wheel bearing failure at around 90k miles, with a typical repair bill of $500 to $1000 depending on how many wheel bearings failed.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 42,867 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
accessories - interior problem