Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002 Ford Explorer is hands-down our worst vehicle on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.

1. replace abs module (1 reports)
2002 Ford Explorer brakes problems

2002 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Sep 022010

Explorer Eddie Bauer V8

I have been a loyal Ford owner for 20 years, but this is the last vehicle I will ever purchase from Ford. After the Ford service manager told me there was a problem with my ABS system, I walked across the parking lot to the Honda dealership next door and traded this piece of crap in. Quality is Job #1? You must be joking.

I've spent $6,000 repairing/maintaining this vehicle in the last 18 months. After I replaced the transmission last year, I thought I had made the most expensive repair I could face, so I wanted to keep the car a few more years to get a return on my repair investment. Well, the troubles just kept on coming.

The Ford dealership in my town was not helpful. When I told the service manager my sad story and asked if Ford would help cover the cost of my latest repairs, she told me that the repairs I needed (ABS brake module) were considered a 'maintenance' item, and Ford would not help me. In fact, when I had my car in for service at this dealership, they usually recommended repairs or maintenance that wasn't necessary.

Most companies that want to maintain a relationship with you will give you some form of compensation when they have treated you badly. Apparently, Ford does not want my business any longer. Good bye and good riddance.

- , Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, USA