CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.

$1,100.00

2003 Ford Explorer drivetrain problems

2003 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Aug 282009

Explorer V8

I blew a hole the size of an orange right through the housing. Came to an abrupt stop. The only indication it was going was a whine in the front end like a bad fan belt. I live in a rural area and where I travel, the speed limit is 55 miles an hour. When I started to hear the whine I went to a gas station. No sound at the gas station could be detected but, when I took off about 5 feet I came to the abrupt stop. Like I ran into a brick wall. Now the mechanic after fixing it indicated that it sounds like the rear end is going also. There is a whine in it. Does it ever stop?

- , Mio, MI, USA