- February 11: Ford Wins $3 Million Ford Ranger Lawsuit on Appeal news | 12 days ago
- February 1: Ford Sudden Deceleration Lawsuit Aims At Throttle Body System news | 22 days ago
- January 26: Ford Recalls F-150, Focus and C-MAX recalls | 28 days ago
- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 41 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 53 days ago
Cracked Panel Below The Rear Window
2005 Ford Explorer (Page 1 of 13)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 81,056 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 258 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- Ford should recall based on 2002-2005 complaints (122 reports)
- Ford should fix it if reported,being it's a known defect!!! (72 reports)
- not sure (34 reports)
- part needs to be replaced (13 reports)
- replace (9 reports)
- re-initiate the charity repair solution (3 reports)
body / paint problem