- April 27: Ford Recalls 285,000 Cars and SUVs in 5 Recalls recalls | 5 days ago
- April 12: Ford F-150 SuperCab Takes Top Crash Test Award news | 20 days ago
- March 31: Ford Recalls 48,000 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 32 days ago
- March 20: Ford Trucks Won't Be Recalled For Stalling Problems investigations | 43 days ago
- March 6: Judge Denies Ford's Motion to Dismiss Power Steering Lawsuit news | 57 days ago
Cracked Panel Below The Rear Window
2005 Ford Explorer (Page 1 of 13)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 79,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 248 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- Ford should recall based on 2002-2005 complaints (121 reports)
- Ford should fix it if reported,being it's a known defect!!! (71 reports)
- not sure (32 reports)
- part needs to be replaced (13 reports)
- replace (4 reports)
- re-initiate the charity repair solution (3 reports)
body / paint problem