- October 16: MyFord Touch Lawsuit Certified Class-Action in Nine States news | 10 days ago
- October 16: Ford Says Power Steering Lawsuit Shouldn't Be a Class-Action news | 10 days ago
- October 12: Ford Edge and Lincoln Continental Recalled recalls | 14 days ago
- October 4: Feds Investigate Brake Failures in 2015-2016 Ford F-150 Trucks investigations | 22 days ago
- October 4: Ford Throttle Body Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 22 days ago
Cracked Panel Below The Rear Window
2005 Ford Explorer (Page 1 of 13)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 80,423 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 255 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- Ford should recall based on 2002-2005 complaints (122 reports)
- Ford should fix it if reported,being it's a known defect!!! (72 reports)
- not sure (33 reports)
- part needs to be replaced (13 reports)
- replace (7 reports)
- re-initiate the charity repair solution (3 reports)
body / paint problem