- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
- March 23: Ford Focus and Fusion Power Steering Lawsuit Dismissed
- March 18: Ford Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit Filed in Louisiana
- March 12: Massive Car Hacking Lawsuit Filed Against Ford, GM and Toyota
Cracked Panel Below The Rear Window
2005 Ford Explorer (Page 1 of 12)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 77,980 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 235 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- Ford should recall based on 2002-2005 complaints (115 reports)
- Ford should fix it if reported,being it's a known defect!!! (66 reports)
- not sure (31 reports)
- part needs to be replaced (13 reports)
- replace (4 reports)
- re-initiate the charity repair solution (2 reports)
body / paint problem