- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 3 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 15 days ago
- December 27: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan ABS Problems Investigated investigations | 20 days ago
- December 21: Ford Recalls 9,400 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 26 days ago
- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 45 days ago
Cracked Panel Below The Rear Window
2005 Ford Explorer (Page 1 of 13)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 81,145 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 257 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- Ford should recall based on 2002-2005 complaints (122 reports)
- Ford should fix it if reported,being it's a known defect!!! (72 reports)
- not sure (33 reports)
- part needs to be replaced (13 reports)
- replace (9 reports)
- re-initiate the charity repair solution (3 reports)
body / paint problem