- January 26: Ford Recalls Ranger Trucks After Driver Killed by Airbag recalls | 18 days ago
- January 22: Ford Ranger Driver Killed by Takata Airbag in South Carolina news | 22 days ago
- January 19: Ford Focus Door Latch Problems Earn Investigation investigations | 25 days ago
- January 10: Investigation Closed Into Ford Edge 22-Inch Alloy Wheels investigations | 34 days ago
- December 29: Ford Recalls 10,000 Vehicles For Engine Problems and Fire Risk recalls | 46 days ago
Shifted Out Of Park By Itself
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 11,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- full refund (1 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)