CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.

2005 Ford Explorer windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Explorer:

2005 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Sep 032015

Explorer Eddie Bauer V6

click to see larger images

rear window exploded rear window exploded rear window exploded

I have always had Fords. 35 years ago I tried to branch out and bought a Buick and it was nothing but trouble. That was before they had "lemon" laws, so I couldn't do much about it than return to Fords. I bought this Explorer new 10 years ago. It is my personal daily vehicle. It had the tiny crack in the lift gate by the insignia that everyone of them get but that was just cosmetic. So I return from the supermarket in 90 degree weather and I pull up the lift gate and stick my head in to grab my bags, when the hinge that attaches to the glass part of the lift gate fails and the lift gate crashes on the back of my head. The torque was so great it bent the other hinge and shatters the glass all over and completely cracks the gate. I am waiting for the adjuster to make an appointment to see the disaster. Of course it's a 3 day weekend. I have a $500 deductible. I just switched to this insurance company 3 days ago. I had my previous company for 15 years and never made a claim. Whats' this new company (cheaper) going to do? What's Ford (the company I am so loyal to) going to do?

- , St. Anne, IL, USA

May 242010

Explorer V6

top section of rear window was open +when i went to shut it-----it just exploded into a a million pieces+cut me in several places ---i was luckey on that-----the back panel by the ford emblem also had a crack ----there is no reason that window should have exploded like that--waitin on a adjuster+then down to the ford dealership where i am sure they will blow me off

- , Melbourne, FL, USA