- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 2 days ago
- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 20 days ago
- August 4: Ford Recalls 830,000 Vehicles to Keep the Doors Closed When Driving recalls | 23 days ago
- July 8: Ford Explorer Exhaust Smells Investigated investigations | 50 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls 8,500 Cars, Trucks, Vans and SUVs recalls | 59 days ago
Rear Window Exploded
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 86,625 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
windows / windshield problem