- July 20: Ford Expands Chrome Door Handle Cover Recall recalls | 1 days ago
- July 16: Ford Recalls Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Over Torque Converters recalls | 5 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls Escape and Police Interceptors recalls | 22 days ago
- June 28: Ford Recalls 402,000 Transit Vans For Driveshaft Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- June 19: Ford Wins Lincoln Town Car Airbag Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
NHTSA — Visibility: Windshield Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 36,500 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
windows / windshield problem