1. replace smart box (1 reports)
2007 Ford Explorer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Explorer:

2007 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Mar 152010

Explorer Explorer 4.0L

I have been waiting since 3/15/10 for the replacement part for this problem. The first part sent on 4/14/10 was bad also. At this time the best Ford can do is tell me the delivery date is TBD. So far the Explorer has been in the shop for 4 days with the problem not fixed. When asked if they have a loner I was told I would have to rent a car. With this problem I can not lock my vehicle and have had my Garman stolen. Due to the locks always unlocking themselves I have to put the charger on the battery or get it jumped. This has been a blast for the last 90 days. Why is it so hard to get this part or is it because there are so many of them bad ford cannot keep up with the replacements.

One pissed off Explorer owner.

- , Leesburg, VA, USA