7.0

2. repair (1 reports)
2007 Ford Explorer transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Explorer:

2007 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Apr 102013

Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0L

I'VE ONLY HAD THIS CAR A YEAR AND ITS PUKING TRANSMISSION FLUID. I KNOW IT HAS OVER 60000 MI BUT THE TRANSMISSION SHOULD LAST LONGER THAN THAT. I DIDN'T COMPLAIN WHEN THE HARMONIC BALANCE CAME OUT AND TORE UP THE CRANK CENSOR AND COST OVER 400 DOLLARS, BUT NOW THE PRICE HAS JUMP UP TO 3000 DOLLARS. I'M PAYING AS MUCH ON GARAGE BILLS AS I'M ON CAR PAYMENTS, THAT'S GETTING RIDICULOUS. I TRADED A 2003 F 150 FX4 WITH 160000 PLUS MI AND IT WAS GREAT I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS. I TOLD MORRISTOWN FORD I NEED MORE ROOM AND DEPENDABLE BECAUSE I HAD NEW BABY. I GOT MORE ROOM BUT DEPENDABILITY I DID NOT! IT HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT TROUBLE. I AM SO VERY DISAPPOINTED,I WAS ONCE A PROUD OWNER OF A FORD THAT IT NO LONGER THE CASE I GUESS FORD DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR COSTUMER OR THEIR FAMILIES.

- , washburn, TN, USA

Sep 212011

Explorer XLS 4.0L

I just purchased this vehicle and the dealership certified it. I drove the car around several times over 3 days and decided to buy it because of its low mileage, looked clean and sounded good. After driving it home 60 miles, I started hearing a whining sound. The rest is history and at least I had the standard warranty still. I have been without a car for a couple of days now. I should have purchased the Honda Pilot for the same price and with 70K miles. First time buy an American car and felt good at first and know will regret paying 17,000 for it. What a mistake!

Also, what a mistake believing that a well known dealer would actually check the car out thoughly. I checked the oil at the dealer but not the radiator fluid because it was hot. I later found the radiator fluid to be so old that i had to replace it. It was easier to replace it myself then to drive it back 60 miles. What else they did not look at?

One last thing, the gas cap light keeps coming on and had it replaced. The manual says to give it a couple of days and it will turn off, ahhhh NO! I am going to suck it up and pay for the piece of S&^% and forget the plan of giving it to my Son in 1 1/2 years to drive. I guess i will have to buy a Toyota or Honda....

I will update the posting after i get the final bill....Losing sleep over this.

- , Salinas, CA, USA