2008 Ford Explorer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Explorer:

2008 Ford Explorer Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 122012

Explorer 6-cyl

Vehicle check charging system light came on, shortly after the vehicle stall while in motion driving at a speed of approximately 25mph and eventually loss power, steering control and braking capabilities. Currently at the mechanic, it appears it may have been an alternator malfunction that caused the loss of power.

- Brandywine, MD, USA

Mar 082012

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Explorer. While driving approximately 5 mph, the driver side seat began to slide backward abnormally, it difficult for the contact to reach the pedals with her feet. The seat automatically adjusted when the key was placed in the ignition so the contact believed there was a failure with the ignition. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostics or repairs. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 42,000.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Dec 302010

Explorer 6-cyl

We have a 2008 eddie bauer Ford Explorer that we purchased from the dealership in 2008. Earlier this year when we went over a bump, the electronic drivers seat moved back and the interior lights turned on. It took a moment for the lights to turn off, but the seats did not move back in to place. I mentioned it to the dealership during an oil change and they couldn't replicate the problem. Now the problem is so frequent that it happens several times while driving, even on the highway. It does not matter if there are bumps or not. At night it is very dangerous because the interior light impairs your vision until your eyes adjust. I called the manufacturer who told me that since my car is out of warranty now we would have to pay to fix it, if they can isolate the problem. I believe that this problem can seriously endanger other's lives. I am lucky because I am tall, so when the seat goes back I can reach the pedals, but my wife sometimes has issues when this happens. We finally got fed up today because it happened 5 times during a 20 minute drive down the highway.

- College Station, TX, USA

Oct 102010

While driving along, all of a sudden the interior lights come on, seat moves all the way back, I assume the problem is in the ignition switch area as I wiggle the keyswitch, the problem will come and go.

- Clifton Aprk, NY, USA

Feb 252010

Our Ford Explorer bought new in 2008 which is still on warranty ( has 22500 est. Miles ) driver's side seat retracts and dome light comes on while driving down the road as if it had a mind of its own, making it difficult to see if driving at night and my wife can't reach brake or gas pedal causing a lot of undo stress on her and her passengers. We have had the car taken to the original dealership and they cannot find out what's wrong. This will be the third time taking the car back to dealership for them to try to repair. This problem has happened to other guest drivers of our vehicle. It is definitely a safety issue and I feel some action ought to be taken to correct this before we accidentally hurt someone. Dealership is claremont Ford, Lincoln, Mercury New Hampshire has a lemon law 3 strikes your out.

- Claremont, NH, USA

Sep 152008

When we changed the battery the 4 X 4 module stopped working.

- Hanover, PA, USA