2008 Ford Explorer seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Explorer:

2008 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

May 042015

The air bag indicator light is on and stays on. I took it to my Ford dealer and they are saying I need a new module in order for my airbag to deploy properly. After researching on line, I see hundreds of similar complaints with no results. I am concerned that this is an ongoing problem that Ford is turning a blind eye to. This is a safety concern that should be addressed and soon. There are complaints on models from 1999-2014, and the bottom line is that customers are having repairs made that are not fixing the problem. I went to the official Ford site to review this information and have been shocked that this issue continues to rear its ugly head.

- Marianna, FL, USA

Apr 052012

Explorer 6-cyl

Seat belt tightens up over chest and won't release this was problem with all 4 Explorer I bought 1991,1996,2003 and now my 2008 why cant you guys get a different company for your set belts the one you use sucks I'm sure there are many more defects but I guess the other people as long as the car runs they say nothing about the belt if you need to see car let me know where to bring it and you can see for yourself.

- Saint Charles, IL, USA