Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: After a half-decade of major transmission problems, Ford seems to have solved all the major defects with the Explorer.

We are happy to say that both the & the NHTSA data indicate no problems whatsoever with the 2010 Ford Explorer.

2010 Ford Explorer brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Explorer:

2010 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Aug 122015

I have been noticing that when I am on the higjway driving it feels like there is a increase of acceleration when I am going speeds of 55 mph - 60mph. Even when I have tapped the brake, there is still a little increase of speed. On August 12, 2015 at approxiamtely 5:30pm, was driving at speeds of 10mph while turning a corner. I had my foot on the brake when I turned but my truck would not stop and it actually tried to override my braking and accelerated to the point where I felt like I was no longer in control of the vehicle. After 2 jolts of acceleration (while my foot was on the brake), it finally stopped. I am on my way to the dealer right now to get this resolved.

- Capitol Heights, MD, USA

Feb 282015

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Explorer. The contact stated that the vehicle continued to roll when the gear was shifted into park. The continued jumped in the vehicle, but the brakes failed to respond. The vehicle crashed into the wall of the house and an iron gate. The vehicle came to a complete stop. The local authorities were notified, but no report was filed. There were no injuries. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic, but was not diagnosed. The vehicle was repaired per the insurance company. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Santa Isabel, PR, USA

Sep 162014

My husband was driving down a highway to get to work when the ABS light, the traction control light and the wrench lit up on the dashboard. He immediately pulled over and shut off the truck. When he turned it back on, he was unable to get the truck to move.

- Sheboygan, WI, USA

Dec 072012

Explorer 6-cyl

I was stuck in traffic and as I was at a full stop, I saw that the car in front of me had moved. So I began to accelerate. When I saw the car in front of me had stopped, I went to hit the brakes and nothing happened. I hit them again and still nothing, my car kept on going. By the third slam on the brakes it finally took however I ended up hitting the car in front of me and her the car in front of her. This is not okay!!! my vehicle is only 2 years old and I'm not the only one who has experienced this. Why hasn't a recall occurred" does someone need to pass away for one to happen" my accident could have been worse. At the hour I was traveling there is normally no traffic but open highway. My saving grace was that there was traffic because I could have been killed and/or killed the person I accidentally hit.

- Chula Viswta, CA, USA