- October 16: MyFord Touch Lawsuit Certified Class-Action in Nine States news | 10 days ago
- October 16: Ford Says Power Steering Lawsuit Shouldn't Be a Class-Action news | 10 days ago
- October 12: Ford Edge and Lincoln Continental Recalled recalls | 14 days ago
- October 4: Feds Investigate Brake Failures in 2015-2016 Ford F-150 Trucks investigations | 22 days ago
- October 4: Ford Throttle Body Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 22 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train Problems
2011 Ford Explorer (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 43,059 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: